Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Banning Denim?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
My sixth form has a new head of the whole school as well as a new head of sixth form and yes, they've banned jeans! :mad:
I'm disgusted, but i just wanted to publicise my anger as i think you'll all agree with me that its completely unreasonable! (Yes, its a non-uniform sixth form and always has been)
I just wanted a rant really... especially as they've let all those townies/bazzers/whatever wear their stoooopid jogging bottoms and what not that they pull their socks over the bottoms off... :eek2:
Gahhhhhh!
*rant over*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Why would they want to do that? How does wearing jeans affect the school?
  • Options
    Don't worry, I'm sure it won't last too long. My 6th form tried to make us wear ID tags. Lasted about a week.
  • Options
    They are just against it. My school is like that but they ban you from walkking on the grass so...
  • Options
    we still have to wear uniform so count yourself lucky! (Lousy school trying to be a private school)
  • Options
    At my old school, the boys have to wear suits with shirts and ties and the girls have to wear suits.

Which I think is ironic since my father has a PhD and goes to work in "smart casual" dress (shirt and trousers) for a major company every day.
  • Options
    My sixth form has never allowed denim; no jeans, jackets etc. Because we're a sixth form, we're still part of the school, so have to look smart. Jeans look too casual, and we were told if we don't like it, go to college.
    It would be nice to wear jeans to school, but then i'd run out of clothes to go out in, more so than I am already! Also, because i've never worn denim to school, I don't miss what i don't have.
  • Options
    Your post has made me realise how lucky I am!!!

At my sixth form: No shorts, No uber-mini-skirts and no ultra-tit-showing tops.
    That's it.. Jeans have always been allowed..!

Like, today I went to "school" wearing a tight black low cut tee, with a mini-skirt, tights and 5 inch platform calf high boots... No one said a word :D I love being in Upper Sixth Form :D
    AND! I've only been given 2 subjects for the next year, which means UBER FREE PERIODS :D:D:D

Ilora x
  • Options
    We're allowed to wear whatever the hell we like.

:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    We're allowed to wear whatever the hell we like.

:D

we were too, however we all feared when they were interviewing for a new head, and the sizthform could be on the panel, one said i want them all to wear suits, he wasnt sucessful! ;):p
  • Options
  • Options
    I must be in one of the only 6th forms in the country that has to wear uniform.:( (Its a grammar school that thinks its a private school)
  • Options
    lol, revolt!

bring it up @ school concil.. to the governers. but w/ good points! ask y jeans will have a bad affect upon ur work. lol, and jeans can b smart, much beta than sports wear.
  • Options
    I think banning denim is a bloody stupid thing to do. Our school never banned it, although they had issues with jeans which were too baggy or ripped at the bottom.

At the place I used to work (a stall selling jewellery), this company took over and decided we weren't allowed to wear jeans because we had to look smart and presentable. So I came to work in baggy combats instead. To me, jeans can be a lot smarter than other trousers, so I really don't see the logic there. Maybe you should all protest by coming into school in really tatty jogging bottoms or combats and say 'well, it was either these or my jeans...'
  • Options
    The lads had to wear a shirt and tie (which none of them minded because they all looked ultra sexy!) and the girls had to wear smart trousers / skirt and a shirt, which none of us minded.

Personally I wouldn't have wanted to wear jeans to school! It meant I could keep jeans and other casual clothes for when I went out, instead of using up all my clothes just for school.

Also, if it is part of the school then I can see why they would want people to look smart, but if as you say they are allowing people to wear tracksuit bottoms, then that can't be their reasoning anyway.