Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

With or without music...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
When you study do you have music or radio playing, or does that distract you?
If I'm just doing loads of equations, then I don't mind if the trance is pumping, but if I come across something that requires my full concentration, the music goes off.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I cant have my normal tunes on as id wouldnt be able to stop dancing and it would make me wanna be out. So usually radio 1 quietly in the background.
  • Options
    Yeah, Radio 1 doesn't do much harm.
  • Options
    i have to have the radio on, i actually cant concentrate in silence its terrible :/
  • Options
    I've got certain "study CDs" that I put on when I'm working. I tend to study best with slow, chilling out music on, or even a bit of indie. But I can't study with, say, my Moulin Rouge CD on. I wouldn't be able to stop dancing!
  • Options
    yeah there are songs that i could never concentrate if i had them playing but generally the background noise stops my mind wandering ( Sounds wierd i know but it does ) letting me concentrate better

Thats why i hate exams all that silence :nervous:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gavman
    Thats why i hate exams all that silence :nervous:

:yes: it doesn't usually get to me until about half way through the exam when my concentration suddenly breaks and i can't get it back because it's too quiet.