Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Campus Universities

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Recently I've been thinking about studying Social Anthropology at the University of Kent next year. The thing is, Kent's campus is on the outskirts of Canterbury and I'm very much a city person - streets, bars, shops etc etc.

So has anyone gone to a campus university and enjoyed it? Or was the inclusiveness of it all quite boring? My main concern is that I'd feel to shut in and isolated!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    My university is a campus uni. I go to Heriot-Watt, which is on a campus about 8 miles outside Edinburgh. I love it there, but I admit not everyone does. It's quite a small uni so there's a real sense of community there and there's lots of opportunity to really get involved with things. I'm involved in running events at the union - tis much fun!

You wouldn't have to live on campus if you went to Kent. I was in halls for first year and loved it, but spent my second year in a flat right in the centre of Edinburgh, and it was completely different. Transport links between the city and the campus are excellent for me (1 bus at least every 10 mins and night busses all night), and I'd imagine that would be the same for you - the bus companies aren't going to miss out on a massive group of students!

I wouldn't change my uni for anything, it's fab :thumb:

edit to say feel free to PM me if you want anything answered!
  • Options
    i went to look at warwick, which is a campus uni, and it looked really cool. Unfortunately i didnt get an offer for the course i wanted grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    Go for somewhere with a campus feel but close to the city centre - Loughborough for example.