Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bra straps showing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Good or bad?

I'm not talking about a little bit of strap showing under a strappy top, but today when I was in town I saw loads of girls with not just straps showing, but the whole of the back of their bra out for all to see.

Am I just being old-fashioned in thinking that this is bad?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Bra straps showing
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    Good or bad?

I'm not talking about a little bit of strap showing under a strappy top, but today when I was in town I saw loads of girls with not just straps showing, but the whole of the back of their bra out for all to see.

Am I just being old-fashioned in thinking that this is bad?

:no:

I don't think bra straps showing looks good at all.

Why would you want half your bra on show? I don't get it.

Strapless bras are not that difficult to find. Neither are bras with clear straps (although I personally don't think these are much more discreet than normal bra straps).

Jamie - I had some bra cup things similar to those. Useless and horrible *shudders*
  • Options
    the worst thing is tho, when you see stupid townie girls wearing halternecks, and a bra at the same time.

idiots. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i always wear a bra with clear straps if im wearing a strappy top, also got one of those bras with a clear back bit

i cant get away with not wearing a bra, being a 34E :(
  • Options
    i think it looks fine with strappy vest tops, if you can only see the straps, and if they're nice looking straps.

however, if you have the oldest dirty white bra in the world = :yuck:

if you can see the whole back of your bra = :no:

if you can see any of the cup = :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i think it looks fine with strappy vest tops, if you can only see the straps, and if they're nice looking straps.

i agree.

and i think the bras with the clear straps are crap. you can still see them , granted they are not as obvious but you can still see it. they drive my fiance up the wall.
    whats best is the bras you get with changable straps. you can have the straps go right round the back of your neck if you are wearing a halterneck or you can cross the straps over your back if you are wearing a muscle cut vest etc etc :)
  • Options
    Bras with clear straps and back are useless. Crap quality, and everyone can still see them, what's the point?

I really don't get why people would go around with strapless or backless tops and still wear a bra. Either you wear the clothing item properly or not at all.

Though seeing a bit of bra strap under a tank top is sexy.
  • Options

agree wholeheartedly
  • Options
    No, come on peeps, get all hip and trendy. It must be cool to do that. :eek2:

I saw a woman in town the other day showing nearly all her bra and you just think 'woah love, put ya breasticals away'.

I agree with Kaffrin also. :)
  • Options
    If its with vests, or its the correct bra for the top and the same colour or a colour that goes it looks fine, I think.
  • Options
    I hate it sooooo much :mad:

BUY A STRAPLESS BRA!!!

Clear straps just remind me of scallies now, they look cheap for some reason. Why can't people buy bras with the changable straps so they can have it racer back, or halterneck, or whatever they bloody want?!
  • Options
    I think bras under vest tops are ok providing there not manky and totally the wrong colour eg. black bra white vest top.

But i also think when you wear those slanted baggy tops that show your shoulder that the bra strap looks ok if the colour of the bra goes with the top.

And the clear bras are crap!
  • Options
    oh my god, i saw this woman the other night wheni was out, and she was wearing a really low cut dress, you know one that comes down past the front of your boobs - jennifer lopez/beyonce stylee, with the tape? yes you know what im on about, and it was backless too! and get this... she was wearing a bra!!!! my god it was awful i tell you, absolutely awful
  • Options

:yes: agreed!
  • Options
    Personally I agree with what has been said, but when a really gorgeous woman is all stressed and her hair is tussled etc, and her bra strap falls down, awww, I think that is really sexy, but I'm just very odd!
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    oh my god, i saw this woman the other night wheni was out, and she was wearing a really low cut dress, you know one that comes down past the front of your boobs - jennifer lopez/beyonce stylee, with the tape? yes you know what im on about, and it was backless too! and get this... she was wearing a bra!!!! my god it was awful i tell you, absolutely awful

God i've pictured it and even in my mind its made me shudder...
    I pretty much echo everyone else.
    Clear straps = big no no, why not just get a multi-way bra with the straps you can alternate to however you want!
  • Options
    There was this girl in town who had this clingyish top on that was long sleeved and hung low round her back sort of, in this kinda army green colour thingy and you could see the back of her bra. Her bra was pretty, black and stuff. The whole thing looked really nice with the jeans and everything she was wearing. Plus she had a loveleh tan. :(

Had it been on someone fat and pale it would have looked gross :p, but on some people these things can look nice. I wanted to be her when I saw her. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Personally I agree with what has been said, but when a really gorgeous woman is all stressed and her hair is tussled etc, and her bra strap falls down, awww, I think that is really sexy, but I'm just very odd!
    agreed! :D
    but then i love messy hair too and i think thats why i agree :p
  • Options
    If I wear a stringy vest top I can't get away with not wearing a bra, so I usually have the straps showing. As long as it's not too clashing then I think it looks ok. I don't like strapless bras, they don't give enough support and make my boobs look saggy. The only time I've worn one was for my leaver's ball, where my dress was strapless. But in that case the top of the dress was really tight and supportive anyway, so the bra was just there to make me feel a little less nervous really!
  • Options
    BAD!!!

Do you not gett he urge to just shout......"oi lassy put yourself back in!!!"

Why i have no idea, and they always have bulgy bits visble too.
  • Options
    well i think sometimes showin a bit of bra strap it ok coz sometimes it goes with an outfit but showin the back of your bra isnt.

i normally wear clear straps but ive also got glitter and glitter heart straps that i sometimes use with a top coz it makes it look more classy instread of trashy.

also ive read in my mag 'company' that you a strapless and back less bra called 'natural nedey bra' and it a specially-developed silicone gel that looks and feels like real boobs and cost bout 39.99.
  • Options
    I hate strapless bra's :mad:
  • Options
    yeah sometimes you feel as if they are gonna fall down and your boobs are gonne fall out
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I hate strapless bra's :mad:

They're shite! Either your boobs feel like they're too small to keep it from falling down, or they're too big and feel like their gonna pop out. Is there anyone they actually fit? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I have a strapless bra. I either have to do it up so tight I can hardly breathe and it leaves red marks, so that it doesn't fall down, or loose enough to ensure no red marks but possible falling down!

It's a lose-lose situation :(
  • Options
    I've got some great strapless bras....... no marks no anything!!! Just make sure you buy one with lots of the weird sticky stuff which isn't sticky........thats what stops them falling off.

Can't understand those ones that are self adhesive though........ mmmmmmmmm odd.
  • Options
    God, talking of bras showing, I saw someone today - not a particularly slender lady, wearing a string vest with a T-back and a horrible white bra underneath that had gone `thousand wash grey`. It truly was a terrible sight. it was a STRING VEST ffs, surely youre supposed to wear more than a manky bra underneath????????
  • Options
    I saw a girl at college the other day wearing a white lineny top, which had a kind of split down the front, and you could see her bra through. I didn't get a really good look because she was walking past me, and it would have looked rather bad if I'd been staring at her chest :|

But yes, it was a very plain, very white bra and it really did look very nice.

I suppose it helped that she was one of these naturally pretty, blonde, tanned petite types though. Sigh. I hate those people :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    They're shite! Either your boobs feel like they're too small to keep it from falling down, or they're too big and feel like their gonna pop out. Is there anyone they actually fit? :rolleyes:

I can't find any that fit me :(:confused: Maybe ummm..we're just not meant to wear them :eek2:
  • Options
    yeah you get the grip things on the bras 2 stop thm fallin down, but i dont think that works 2 well coz i still think it feels lke it gonna fall down.

ur best bet is clear straps i thk
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*

ur best bet is clear straps i thk

yeah, clear straps are the height of scally chic.