Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

smoking while pregnant

im not up the duff (at least i hope not), but i was wondering and have been for a long time......
i know that it say on the box
"smoking when pregnant harms ur baby" but would you be able to feel it hurting the baby. cause every now and again when i have a fag i get a lil pain just below my belly button.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So are you saying that your not pregnant but your concerned that your smoking might be harming your baby?
  • Options
    If you reckon your not pregnant (And you should know or at least check) then my guess is a stomach ulcer.

Goto the docs.
  • Options
    Maybe it's a sign you need to quit.
  • Options
    smoke flows into your bloodstream via your lungs, your blood flows to the baby in order to keep the baby alive and growing inside you, if your blood has smoke in it, you are transfering that smoke to the baby, thus creating the risk of asthma, cancer, small birth weight and what not. so smoking causes huge health risks to an unborn child, who is ultimately more suseptable to these risks anyway due to its low immune system.

when it says smoking harms your baby, it doesnt mean a huge smoke ball runs down to your womb and bashes the child on the head with a tennis racket. i dont think youd be able to feel it at all.

i was smoking before i found out i was pregnant, and i couldnt feel it, but as soon as morning sickness hit i didnt feel the need/want for a cigarette at all, i just went totally off them. but everyone's different.

you say you're not pregnant, yet you're questioning harming your baby anyway, me thinks you may have a little doubt in your system? id get checked out if i were you, just nip to boots and get a home pregnancy kit yourself and try it out. at least you can put your mind at rest.

but seriously, you should try and quit smoking now whilst you're roung, especially if you're already getting pains and things, it doesnt sound very positive. my partner's dad has just been diagnosed with lung cancer through smoking, and he doesnt even smoke anymore. it really isnt worth it, believe me.
  • Options
    and by smoke i mean the chemicals in the tobacco
  • Options
    thanks for all the replys guys. i know im not up the duff, i was just wondering if that could happen.