Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Moving House

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Erm, when you move house, like, a long way away, what do you do. We're talking countries atm. Nothing's final but like soon I may no longer live in England :(

I don't want to learn Spanish it's hard! :crying:

There's my friends and stuff. And everyone. And then there's my school. I dunno. It's my sister telling me this lol she's annoying but she seldom lies straight like that...

Comments

• Options
    when you move house, you move all your possesions into a new house

there.
  • Options
    I've lived in the Forces before so I'm used to being moved all over the place.

I guess it is a little though (and it's been a while since I did it), but you'll get used to it. Besides with all of today's modern technologies, MSN, the telephone, well trained pigeons etc... you can still be in contact with a lot of your friends :)

And yes, Spanish is a right buger! :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby

there.

and get to ride in a big truck with movers!! :hyper:

only reason we've moved four times.
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    and get to ride in a big truck with movers!! :hyper:

only reason we've moved four times.

We never got to ride in the truck with the movers :( We had to go in the car with 2 screaming cats, a fully-grown dog and a vacuum cleaner on our knees!
  • Options
    awww. we got to go in le truck. fun! :D
  • Options
    Just think about the hot summers :hyper:

Gorgeous babes from all over the world on holidays for you to pull :p

Cheap fags :D

It sounds like a ball :)
  • Options
    And you will still have a PC, so you could still come on thesite and IRC :)
  • Options
    Re: Moving House
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I dunno. It's my sister telling me this lol she's annoying but she seldom lies straight like that...

have you asked your parents?!
  • Options
    i would be kinda excitied about that actually....
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    i would be kinda excitied about that actually....

You see the cons though don't you?
  • Options
    yes but i'm trying to cheer him up

fucking hell.
  • Options
    na Id hate it personally.
  • Options
    My parents say I've got till I finish my GCSE's. :(
  • Options
    My parents say I've got till I finish my GCSE's. :(

So make this the best year of your life. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    So make this the best year of your life. :)

thats quite depressing actually, so are you saying the 80 or so years after that (i intend a long life) will suck? :(
  • Options
    thats quite depressing actually, so are you saying the 80 or so years after that (i intend a long life) will suck? :(

Sorry, mate. What I was trying to say is sometimes we take our friends for granted, so make sure you really appreciate the time you have with them over the next year, so you have no reason to be sad when you go to Spain, where you will make lots of other great friends, but they won't be the same ones. Im trying to avoid using lots of cliches.
  • Options
    its hard, any way you look at it. but its a great oppurtunity. i know someone whos in an international school in barcelona. went out knowing hardly any spanish, now speaks good spanish and is having the time of his life. you will make new friends, its difficult, but if you speak even the smallest amount of the language people will warm to you due to the fact you try. this is my experience from the numerous 1 to 2 month stints i have spent in france, almost all european children are taught english, the spanish being no exception, i have spent time in spain and found it possible to get by using a mixture of spanish and english. although i cant give you much help on long term stuff due to the fact ive never been abroad for longer than 2 2and a half months, feel free to pm me if you want to talk about getting by in the short term or just stuff in general.
    and remember, you will get oppurtunities to come home and see your mates, who, if they really are good mates, will be pleased to see you and wont have forgotten you.
  • Options
    i dont think ill get many oppurtunities to go back to england, unless i pay for it all myself. spain is ok yeah. but this is my home it's hard to get my head around it.

And I never make new friends easily :( I'll most likely get bullied for the first two years, would not surprise me a bit! :( But then I guess after so long I'll settle in... Also another thing that's bothering me is girls. I have many female friends and just sort of starting to get to grips with them and in Spain they're going to be so different like I mean. ugh I don't want to go :(
  • Options
    I've moved countries a few times. Its ok, you'll get used to it :)

I miss moving actually, cant stand being in one place for ages.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby

there.

Wow your helpfull :rolleyes:

Shyboy, is it definate that you have to move, is there no one you can stay with etc?

But on another note it is a wonderfull oppurtunity, i mean 17 years i have lived here, home it maybe, but well its not the greatest place ever is it :p

Although i understand the thing about leaving your friends behind, but your young and there would be oppurtunity to meet new people, you would make friends quicker than you think ya know :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb
    Wow your helpfull :rolleyes:

Shyboy, is it definate that you have to move, is there no one you can stay with etc?

But on another note it is a wonderfull oppurtunity, i mean 17 years i have lived here, home it maybe, but well its not the greatest place ever is it :p

Although i understand the thing about leaving your friends behind, but your young and there would be oppurtunity to meet new people, you would make friends quicker than you think ya know :)

lmao u just want me out of leicester quicker :rolleyes:

it's not definate i dont think i could stay on my own. my parents really want to go tho cos they're retiring and 'settling down' now so ... :confused: but like rippind my education in half wont do me any good will it? :crying: