Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Playstation 2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey everyone, hopefully this is the right forum to post this in.

i'm considering getting a playstation 2 and was wondering if anyone knew any cheap places to buy one on the the internet. i also want to try and get a memory card and tony hawks 4 and possibly another controller.

i've looked at amazon.co.uk but it seems quite expensive.

Also do you think its a good idea to get a PS2? is the technology a bit old now? are sony bringing out something else soon?

thanks for your help

Comments

• Options
    The next PlayStation i coming out in 2006, so you've got a while yet.

Head to your local Game or something and check out a pre-owned PS2. It's very unlikely that anything will be wrong with it and it will be at a good deal.

And anyway, don't you think a GameCube would be better? ;)
  • Options
    Yeah go to game you can pick them up there in bundles with all kinds of stuff, and depending on the place you could get the bundle altered to have what you want in it.
  • Options
    Re: Playstation 2
    Originally posted by stupid_kid
    to get a PS2?

In my opinion, simply, no.

All the class games for a playstation are on ps1, I don't like the look of the ps2 games. Go classic and get a ps1 :p
    It'd be much cheaper.
  • Options
    Buy one. And check the site in my sig :D

try www.gameplay.com www.dabs.com www.savastore.co.uk www.empiredirect.co.uk (ok I'm guessing now).

You could of course have a look round the High Street. Places like Woolworths, Game, EB, Currys, Dixons, Comet etc are always competing with each other for stuff like that.

I bought my PS2 for £450 with two games, memory card and Gladiator on DVD :eek:. That was on Launch Day in November 2000 (?).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ego

I bought my PS2 for £450 with two games, memory card and Gladiator on DVD :eek:. That was on Launch Day in November 2000 (?).

wow, that sounds a hefty price to pay :|

I got my gamecube on launch day (May 3rd) for £130, came with an extra controller, 2 games, and a 251 memory card. I also got some vouchers for my next game.