Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

v plates - would u be put off?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know there have probably been a hundred posts like this before...but im gonna ask it anyway!!!

I'm going off to uni in october (im 18) and im still a virgin, and it may sound sad but im really worried that if i meet a lad i like or something he'll be put off by the fact i havent slept with any one. does this make sense? if any one watches hollyoaks then think of the christian and lisa situation.

thanks for any opinions

Comments

• Options
    First of- dont be influenced by what you see on TV, there all only scripts anyway and just trying to be stereotypical of some teenagers these days.

A lot of men like the fact that its your first time, and would like to "pop your cherry" so to speak. It also means that they know you haven't slept around and respect yourself that bit extra. I would have no quims about sleeping with a virgin. I think it best you tell him so he can be that more gentle and help you and go slower and all that. The first time may not be great and may be a little blood afterwards which is normal but with practce it gets a lot better, trust me!

Just dont go rushing it or even looking for it and it will come! Good luck et bon voyage!
  • Options
    i doubt it would be a problem! think lots of blokes would be more turned on by it! anyway.. they get to teach u things! im at uni.. just finished my first year and to be honest most blokes at uni wont be put off by much! its a big hotbed of hormones is uni!! enjoy it!
  • Options
    I'm going to uni this year as well (I'm 19) and I wouldn't be put off by someone telling me that she was a virgin...
    ...but then again, I wouldn't want to have sex with her...
    ...I'm a real oddball that way, and the chances are you won't find too many people like me around.

However, if they are put off by your virginity, in all honesty, they're not worth the floor they're standing on
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skateside

However, if they are put off by your virginity, in all honesty, they're not worth the floor they're standing on

:yes:

totally agree.
  • Options
    i doubt anyone would be put off by your virginity - if anything its more of a turn on
  • Options
    Originally posted by icey
    i doubt anyone would be put off by your virginity - if anything its more of a turn on

Definately a lot more of a turn on - I took had sex with 2 virgins in the past and both enjoyed it so much that they were gagging for more (A week later !)

You will experience a bit of pain after the first time and even some bleeding bit this will die away and you'll eventually be asking for more !

Enjoy it !
  • Options
    Re: v plates - would u be put off?
    Originally posted by bittersweet
    i know there have probably been a hundred posts like this before...but im gonna ask it anyway!!!

I'm going off to uni in october (im 18) and im still a virgin, and it may sound sad but im really worried that if i meet a lad i like or something he'll be put off by the fact i havent slept with any one. does this make sense? if any one watches hollyoaks then think of the christian and lisa situation.

thanks for any opinions

Sure if you want ill sort you out muyself :naughty::D

Ha ha good luck!
  • Options
    Nope wouldnt bother me in slightest
  • Options
    Not in the least.

For a start, people don't tend to get to know someone by asking "are you a virgin". Well, they might, but it would be a strange thing to start off anything with. I suppose later on the point will come up in conversation, but it's hardly a turn off point.

Even regardless of your own status, sex with a new person is like both people's first time over again, as you need to become used to what works with your new partner. So you're hardly at a disadvantage from that perspective.

I wouldn't be put off by you not having slept with someone. If anything it's a good thing, there's very little chance of catching something from their sexual past, there's no possible worrying about being compared to their past partners, and, personally, I think if anyone is prepared to spend their first time with you it adds a great degree of specialness to the sex. Yes.
  • Options
    No, I wouldn't be put off. Having said that, it's going to be better with someone who has some experience, and isn't that nervous, but it wouldn't put me off. Go ahead. Enjoy yourself. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Personally, if I were still a virgin and going to uni, I wouldn't touch any guy with a bargepole who turned his nose up at my virginity. If someone's put off by it, they're not worth losing it to.
  • Options
    Do you want to sleep with a more serious boyfriend or would it bother you to have some random guy as your first time?

If it's the latter then they don't need to be told.

If it's a more long-term bf then I'd highly doubt it'd be a problem.

Either way, you'll be fine ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    If someone's put off by it, they're not worth losing it to.

:yes:

I have nothing more to say, those are my sentiments exactly :D
  • Options
    It is definetley a turn on to me! I love girls that are sweet and innocent!:D
  • Options
    hey bittersweet, i feel the same as u, im only 17 but sometimes i just feel a bit weird about it all, like will a bloke be put off by me being a virgin, and id rather loose my virginity to another virgin...seems like everyone my age has already lost it....ok im gettin a bit side tracked but yeah, good luck and if they are put of by your virginity then they dont deserve to take it from you
  • Options
    Forgive me if i've missed the point, but surely, being a virgin shouldnt be a "label".... its just something you havent done! I've never done a bungee jump, i've never been to Australia, I've never had sex. Whats the difference?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by secretsmiler
    Forgive me if i've missed the point, but surely, being a virgin shouldnt be a "label".... its just something you havent done! I've never done a bungee jump, i've never been to Australia, I've never had sex. Whats the difference?!
    :thumb:

My thoughts.
    I really don't get why everybody's in such a rush to do it to get rid of that label.
    Makes no sense to me.
    People end up doing it because they feel they have to, not because they want to, it sucks something out of the entire act, IMO
  • Options
    People end up doing it because they feel they have to, not because they want to, it sucks something out of the entire act, IMO

Amen to that!
  • Options
    im the same as urself and blonde__batman.17 a virgin and going to uni.but what makes it slightly different is iv got a boyfriend of 5months now and he lost his Vplates last year but there is no pressure its up to you.when you feel you want to just make sure you are safe (sorry im a bit of a paranoid about pregnancy)(possibly why iv waited so long)and enjoy it x
  • Options
    Originally posted by secretsmiler
    Quote of the century or what?
  • Options
    hmm how about, would you ladies be put off by a guy virgin, im 18 going into uni in a month, and im a virgin, only ever got a handjob.. bout as far as ive been

so would a guy's v-plates put you off?
  • Options
    I wouldn't be put of by a guys v plates and at the end of the day if she liked you, you'd have fun learning, am sure they'd be happy to tell you what they wanted :D
  • Options
  • Options
    i'm 18 a virgin and going to uni in 2 weeks as well! and after reading all of this makes and knowing what guys have told me when they found out i am a virgin i can say that it definitly didn't turn them off. most of them were surprised but said it was really cool.. that too many people just sleep around for the sake of losing their virginity. got a lot of respect from them because i was still a virgin. apparently it's a rare thing :chin:

as for guys still being virgins, i think it's cool.. nothing to worry about. :)

from what i've heard a lot of freshers are virgins, they will just lie about it because they are scared of the pressure.

to be honest, i would love to lose my virginity and have sex.. (probably end up as a sex addict, but that's besides the point) but i don't want to do it with a random guy and especially not in a drunkan state.

so to all the virgins out there, i think there are 2 questions u need to ask urself:

1) do i want to just fuck? and get this all over with.

2) or do i want my first time to be with someone who i feel comfortable with and will help me enjoy the experience..
  • Options
    hmm nicki to your question

its a mix of both for me, id like a 'fuck' but id like it to be special

BUT not with a girl i love to bits but a girl who i care about but wont spend my life with so i can get good at it and then make it special for whom i 'love' :P