Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Best Friend Cheating on his GF

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well im looking for advice really on what to do in this awkward situation, my best friend who has been my friend since secondary school has started sleeping with other girls (2 so far) while still going out with his current girlfriend, obviously she doesnt know (yet). Although every time i see her when going out with them both into town etc. it makes me feel quite awkward/guilty knowing what hes been doing. I have even started to get to know her better now which makes it even harder. So what can i do? any advice appreciated,

Comments

• Options
    Horrible situation to be in. I mean, if you tell your friend's g/f, then you could loose your friend. But as you're becomming a friend of his g/f then it sounds like you should tell her. However, I'd be tempted to just try and not say anything. Let them carry on as they are. Sounds bad, but it's their business really - unless it's really getting to you that much.
    As I don't know them, it's a hard one to call.

Mr_Wobble :)
  • Options
    I've been in this situation. Didn't say anything, but I stopped going out with both of them very often.
    Anyhow, they broke up after a few months!
  • Options
    If I was you I would keep quiet. It is none of your business at the end of the day. He more than likely won't get away with it for long and she'll find out anyway. This way you don't lose a mate. Unless you care more for this girl than your mate I would keep quiet.
  • Options
    Hes got such double standards though and seems to have little morals? Hes broken up with her before but he says he cant stand to see her with any other guy, although he seems to be free to do whatever he likes. Thing that troubles me the most is that ive known this guy a long time and didnt think he would go this low, is it just me? :confused:
  • Options
    Just got a feeling and I'm probably way off the mark but do you fancy this girl?
  • Options
    no :lol:
    shes not my type
  • Options
    I think ill just leave this thing play itself out
  • Options
    Well, personally, I'd tell your friend that you don't like what you're seeing and tell him why. Sure, he may get a little bitchy with you, but that way, you can clear your conscious a little and still let things play out.

I don't think I'd tell the girlfriend, unless she came up to me and asked me to confirm it, then I would, because she already knows anyway.