Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wearing stuff (eg jewellery) which came from an ex?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've still got a bracelet that I wear every day (only ever take it off for a shower/bath) from an ex (my first love, yadda yadda yadda)... I chose it cos I liked it, and I still like it so therefore I still wear it everyday. When I look at it, I think "that's nice" not "he bought me that" - if I hadn't been with him, I'd have bought it for myself anyway, so somehow it doesn't seem like a huge thing that he bought it. I've got a necklace from him too (white gold heart, "tiffany but not" like perfect***day) and the only reason I don't wear that now is somehow the chain got a knot in it!

I wore my bracelet (silver with eight amethysts, my birth stone) all the time while I was with my next bf... I'd been friends with him for ages and I'd shown it to him when my other bf first bought me it and he saw me wearing it all the time before we got together. I don't know whether it bothered him or not, but he never made a big thing of it or asked me to take it off... (note: they didn't know each other - would never have known each other existed if it wasn't thru me)

Last time I spoke to my ex (the one who bought me the bracelet), about 5 months ago, he was still wearing the ID bracelet (complete with his name, and personal message from me on the back) and watch I bought him. He said he wears them all the time and his new gf knows I bought him them - apparently he's even explained the message on the back of the bracelet! :mad: ) and "apparently" she doesn't mind - tho that's not what I heard from his mates... :eek2: