Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Od

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever o'd and on what drug?

Lucikly the only bad experience i have had has been on alcohol, completly out of control,being sick, found it hard to walk.

Comments

• Options
    Well, I nearly died on GBL once, that was odd.

And I've over done it on the booze loads of times but not really to the point of actualy OD'ing.

I've seen someone fall down a whole flight of metal stairs once because of booze and they didnt even notice, they just vomited into their shoes. In fact I think it was lucky he was so drunk otherwise he would have really hurt himself.
  • Options
    yea, i knew this kid in wisconsin who got really drunk and fell off this tower (dont remember how high, but it was well above the treetops) he would have died (as all but one other has) except for the fact that it rained so the ground was damp and he was so drunk that his body didn't tense up on the fall...

and i've had alcohol poisoing (i dont know if that would actually be considered an od) my fair share of times.

have any of you ever had your stomache pumped for alcohol?
  • Options
    I kind of od'd on triple caffeine coffee once. had 6 and a bit litres of it in 2 hours. me eyes went a bit weird and i was shaking uncontrollably. was quite scary
  • Options
    No, but a friend of mine had to have his done when he drank a bottle of clearsil when fucked on benzos! He had a really raspy, crackly voice for ages afterwards, it was really funny.

Also a bloke I knew at school fell off a roof when pissed and pierced himself on a iron fence, it went right through one of his kidneys, I really laughed because he was a total twat.
  • Options
    got pretty fucked up on bacardi when i was about 15.
    was down a mates and started off drinkin it with coke but that quickly became drinkin it straight.

i dont actually remember anything after that but apparently from what ive been told i went up to the toilet and collapsed on the floor.

they did everything to wake me up but i just wasnt having none of it, to make matters worse where i was only 15 they was gonna leave me there to sleep it off its only thanx to my bruv im here today coz he had the sence to call the ambulance.

i passed out at half 10 that night and eventually woke up in hospital at half 2 with tubes all coming outta me, covered in sick, blood (which i was sickin up), black shit that looked like tar (sickin that up to!) not knowing wtf i was doing there how i got there or anything. the nurse said to me i was very lucky to be alive all my veins had started to collapse, they told me i didnt have my stomach pumped but i dont believe them :confused:

even to this day those 4 hours of my life is a total blank its horrible, i wouldnt recomend anyone ever get that pissed, and fuck me did i feel rough as a dog the next day thats gotta be the worst hangover ever.
  • Options
    I was staying with my Uncle in Wisconsin two summers ago and on the last night me, my Uncle's girlfriend's daughter and her friend all got drunk. But I drank way more than the other two and made matters worse by downing this apple shit without realising how strong it was :rolleyes:

Anyway, almost the entire night was a total blank and I had no recollection of all these people who apparently came round later in the night and I woke up in an entirely different set of clothes! The worst bit was the fact I had to take a 3 hour bus ride to Chicago and then fly to London entirely alone and with the worst hangover of my life!

Even today the strong smell of sour green apples makes me wanna hurl!
  • Options
    I've had some pretty drunk times on alcohol myself before, the inability to walk, falling all over the show, one night i just drank and drank most of the night only to be completly drunk whenever it was time to go home, regreted that one in the morning, being sick everywhere at 3am isn't a nice thing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    I was staying with my Uncle in Wisconsin two summers ago and on the last night me, my Uncle's girlfriend's daughter and her friend all got drunk. But I drank way more than the other two and made matters worse by downing this apple shit without realising how strong it was :rolleyes:

Anyway, almost the entire night was a total blank and I had no recollection of all these people who apparently came round later in the night and I woke up in an entirely different set of clothes! The worst bit was the fact I had to take a 3 hour bus ride to Chicago and then fly to London entirely alone and with the worst hangover of my life!

Even today the strong smell of sour green apples makes me wanna hurl!

typical wisconsin. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    typical wisconsin. :p

Yeh it must have been all that mid-west air that made me do it! :p
  • Options
    Its just so bloody flat, I mean you can go 1000 miles plus and the highest hill is a speed bump.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Its just so bloody flat, I mean you can go 1000 miles plus and the highest hill is a speed bump.

try driving thru iowa, the road doesn't even curve... :p
  • Options
    heroin ...it was not noticed by self ...only other selves noticed i had ceased to exist.
    amphetamine ...just went psycotic for a couple of weeks ...everyone noticed, including self.
    cocain ...no one noticed apart from self who's lungs had siezed, perfectly, solidly still and imovable ...
  • Options
    Doing too much speed in one go really isnt pleasant, I've heard that a full stimulant over dose is preaty much one of the more nasty ways to die.

This is a nice topic isnt it.
  • Options
    Over dosed on over the counter drugs, ended up in hospital on a drip for a few days and lying in hospital feeling worse than i ever have in my whole life for about 5 days overall. Green puke. Nice.

I was so dumb.. and annoyed at myself, i hate it when people take drugs of whichever sort and land themselves in hospital taking up money&beds because of something they have done. It makes me angry-and im even more angry at myself for taking up so much NHS money!
  • Options
    No ive tried and tried...im a human drug bin...with hollow legs :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name

have any of you ever had your stomache pumped for alcohol?

:yes: (i wish that smiley wasnt smiling, as it wasnt a pleasurable experience, either time!)
  • Options
    I was at least considerate with the timing of my OD, it was a week day morning, so the Doctors in A&E were only sitting around doing nothing anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I was at least considerate with the timing of my OD, it was a week day morning, so the Doctors in A&E were only sitting around doing nothing anyway.

mine was too, well i OD'd the previous night but was found in the morning.. was stil rather busy apparantly (im fucked if i can remember a thing for first day or so) had the nurses being less than nice to me while i was in there though, dont think they were too happy that a bed was being occupied by me instead of others who were ill due to no fault of their own! And quite right they were too to be so annoyed!
  • Options
    The nurse and doctor who saw me were more curious as to what I had done than annoyed, the ambulance nurses gave me a right talking to though, which seemed a bit pointless to me, I had realised I was stupid, I could see my heart rate was between 40-45bpm.
  • Options
    what did you od on again bongbudda?
  • Options
    GBL, its chemicaly similar to GHB. The problem being that none of the nurses knew what the fuck it was so I had to explain it to them, which was preaty hard, being totaly fucked as I was.

They even phoned the poisons unit at one of the big central London hospitals and they came back saying it was used as nail varnish remover, so they started going on and on about how stupid I was.

The lesson is, dont go anywhere near GBL, its horrid.
  • Options
    I don't think that I have ever really overdosed on anything, but I know that I had drunk a lot of alcohol one time and totally passed out and when I woke up in the morning, my sister had told me that I had made something to eat during the night, but I totally don't recollect ever doing that.
  • Options
    me eyes went a bit weird and i was shaking uncontrollably. was quite scary

Same thing happened to my mate after drinking to much Red Bull.
  • Options
    how much was too much red bull?
  • Options
    Alcohol....mucho times..had sick come out of my nose...completely hyperventalite...spent the entire night being sick..spent some of the next day being sick..not being physically able to stand..god i should take the hint that it don't agree with me!
    xxx
  • Options
    or just use it in smaller amounts and get a brilliant buzz :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by sar's the lady
    got pretty fucked up on bacardi when i was about 15.
    was down a mates and started off drinkin it with coke but that quickly became drinkin it straight.

i dont actually remember anything after that but apparently from what ive been told i went up to the toilet and collapsed on the floor.

i passed out at half 10 that night and eventually woke up in hospital at half 2 with tubes all coming outta me, covered in sick, blood (which i was sickin up), black shit that looked like tar (sickin that up to!) not knowing wtf i was doing there how i got there or anything. the nurse said to me i was very lucky to be alive all my veins had started to collapse, they told me i didnt have my stomach pumped but i dont believe them :confused:

Argh I had practically the same experience, I was 15 too...except it was vodka, and I was out on the streets drinking it *how teenyish*. I'd never drunk before and I ended up having loads. I was passed out on some grass unconcious and my friends had to phone my Dad to come pick me up.

I did have to have my stomach pumped though, and it wasn't a very nice experience, the doctors were dead strict too I knew it was my own fault but it made it all a lot harder and made me feel worse!

I've overdosed on a over the counter drug too, which was pretty stupid, had to have my stomach pumped again.