Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

eyes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i usually just wear a little bit of eye liner under my eyes and a bit of mascara, i really want something simple to do that looks stunning (does that make sense?!)

any ideas? x

Comments

• Options
    Depends on how you apply it, your colorings, and eyeshape, lashlength etc. Some might get a serious boost by what you do, with others it might go almost unnoticed.

Either way, pastel coloring in a thin line by the under and upper lashes usually looks really pretty. Especially if it matches your eyecolor or what you're wearing.
  • Options
    this is me....my eyes are how i usually have them, its boring now :(
  • Options
    Try the color thing, if it's just for everyday.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Try the color thing, if it's just for everyday.

:yes: use less eye liner and some pretty colours!
  • Options
    a thin line of eye shadow yeah?
  • Options
    why don't you just experiment and see what looks best?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    a thin line of eye shadow yeah?

It's all in the blending.
    Having 2 black rings of eyeliner not only makes your eyes look smaller (ever heard the term 'two pissholes in the snow?') but looks decidedly teenage.
    If you've got fair colouring, brown eyeliner is often a lot more flattering for the daytime and looks a lot more natural than black.

As for the eyeshadow thing - as Faith said, experimenting is the only way to go. According to my 'colouring' I should suit pink eyeshadow. I don't. At all. It looks bloody awful on me. The people in the body shop are usually quite good at trying stuff out on people if you're such inclined to sit in the middle of a shop. Otherwise, trial and error.
    I've always found eyeshadow to be something that you shouldn't go for the cheapest option - it tends to crease, or just generally disappear. And don't put eyeshadow straight on - you need some kind of base for it (usually the tiniest bit of foundation, or they have special stuff) for it to.....er, 'hold' normally.

And before I shut up, brushes as opposed to the little applicators you get with it. That tends to looks caked on and generally a bit shit in my opinion.
  • Options
    Bold colour eyeshadows can look really stunning and effective when just applied to to the eyelid. Although, the colour depends on what suits you and what your wearing etc.