Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Questions about clothes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I've two general wonderings about clothes shopping.

1. How many of your clothes do you buy on the internet? I've never bought any clothes off the internet. I like the actual going out shopping for them far too much. And I never know if I'm going to like something until I've tried it on and then been round every other shop in town just in case there is something better. It just wouldn't be the same buying them over the internet, and then having to wait for them to arrive :eek:

2. When you do go out to real shops to buy clothes do you prefer to shop alone or with a friend? I prefer going about by myself tbh. Even though it's nice to have a second opinion, I like being able to spend as long as I like in each shop, without worrying that the other person is bored, and being able to go round and round the shops about 10 times while I make up my mind. I get my second opinions when I get home :)

Comments

• Options
    Have actually never bought over the internet. I need to try the item on before I buy it. Which is why I wouldn't have a problem orderings omething I'd tried in a shop before hand, but I can't really see the point of that.

I like shopping alone the best. I know my style and where to search and don't have to go into shops I don't want to. That's when I find the best stuff. I go alone if I am searching for something specific.

Go with a friend when it's just to browse and eat something out afterwards.
  • Options
    1. I've only ever bought clothes off the internet thru the online shopping facility of home shopping catalogues (rather than filling in the order form or phoning). I usually open the parcel, try it all on, decide what I'm keeping then parcel what I don't want back up and head straight down to the post office to send it back - if I didn't do it like that, I'd never get round to it and end up paying for loads of stuff I didn't want!

2. I much prefer shopping on my own. I tend to get ratty and annoyed if I go with people and get their opinions there and then, before I've made my mind up about something. Going shopping with my mum is the worst (don't do it regularly!) - as soon as I show her something, she'll start wittering and saying "Well don't you think it's a bit tight there?", to which I reply "yes, that's why I like it!!". Or if I've decided I don't like something, she'll go "oh, that looks really nice!" :crazyeyes I prefer shopping on my own, finding things I like, then either buying them there and then if I'm sure about 'em, or getting my sister to come shopping with me a few days later and giving me her opinion (she always looks good - damn her!)
  • Options
    Ive never actually bought of the net, and dont think i would be tempted for highstreet style stuff, but maybe if it was something a bit different and hard to find locally i would be more tempted. I do use it to browse whats out tehre though.

If I'm looking for something imparticular theres nothing i hate more than having someone else around, because you cant just concentrate on the item. Last week i really needed a new skirt for my friends birthday dinner, and ended up trawling 3 towns to find it. Couldnt have done that very easily with other people tagging along.
    But then again social shopping is good when i dont need anything specific. Girly days out with planty of stops for hot chocolate in street cafes. Heaven :D
  • Options
    I've bought boots from the net before. Saw 'em on pennangalan dreams for over 100 quid (sorry, no pound sign on my 'board) then on ebay for 50 so i snapped them up! they're sexeh :D knee high black patent leather with buckles; 5.5 inch heel with 2 inch platform. mmmm. i've never bought any actual clothey clothes though.