Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

oh god

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what a fucking awful week.

first off my brother in law's (to be) best friend dies at 17 in a motorcycle accident.

two days later they find out their dad has secondry lung cancer and has to have his lung removed. They dont know whether it has spread around his body or not, and wont know until next week.

i cant believe he's got cancer. and for my brother in law to lose his best friend and then be told his dad has lung cancer, he hasnt eaten in days - he doesnt show his feelings very well. Which is what im worried about with my partner, i know he prefers to be all big and barve rather than admit to being scared or upset. I just hope that his lung is as far as its got, and when that's gone - its all gone.

Isnt secondry cancer where it has spread from another area of the body? so surely that means its elsewhere inside him? so taking away his lung wont make sure its all gone? can someone confirm this for me? thank you.

Comments

• Options
    I'm afraid i'm not sure what secondary cancer means but I know that people can have a lung removed and still live a long life.

Really sorry to hear of all this trouble. I guess you will just have to be a good friend and hope for the best. Death is a horrible thing but inevitable - its just that is comes to some people too soon.
    Your brother in law is probably very worried and so failure to eat is probably natural. i hope that you hear some good news soon *hugs*
  • Options
    You should give these people a call - they should be able to answer any questions you have....

Cancerlink
    For anyone affected by cancer, their families, friends, professionals. Provides information on different types of cancer, risk reduction, screening, physical/emotional effects of cancer, medical treatments, complementary therapies.
    Helpline: 08088 080000

Hope this helps, best wishes for the future.

Lu x
  • Options
    Kat, Jons granddad had a lung removed when he was 20, and he only died a couple of years ago at the age of 84!! He could well be fine. Chin up chick :)
  • Options
    aww, sorry to hear bout all this. *hugs* xxxx