Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hating People Then Falling for Them?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did you ever start off hating someone - hated their views, the things they said, the ways they said it and then suddenly just fell totally head over heels for them??

If I like someone - I usually like them from the start and continue that way .. but I can kind of see how this might happen - they say love and hate are very closely linked!!

Comments

• Options
    I cant get myself to love people that i hate. once i hate someone, i hate them. its a bit mean, but i just cant see how people can hate someone one minute then fall head over heels for them. thats just what i think though.
  • Options
    Did you get this idea from You've got mail? :p Great film.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've done that...
    My ex boyf was forever picking on me and replying sarcasticly to everything I said. It dawned on us both, after about 3 months of his bullying that we both fancied the pants off each other :)

Ilora x
  • Options
    Well have you noticed how, when you're fairly young (I dunno how young, 12 or so maybe) you react to people you fancy by insulting them and ignoring them and stuff?

Or was that just me?
  • Options
    They do say that little boys always pull the pigtails of the girls they like

I think this often carrys on into adulthood .. although I have noticed some women seem to be attracted to men that treat them badly and see guys that treat them nicely as wimps.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Did you get this idea from You've got mail? :p Great film.

No .. but you just reminded me .. another one for the list of the most boring films ever made...
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    They do say that little boys always pull the pigtails of the girls they like

I think this often carrys on into adulthood

:yes: the guy I've just started seeing, spent the whole of last sunday throwing grass at me and trying to push me in the stream and he's 25 :rolleyes:
  • Options
    hmmm, kinda... i knew my ex boyfriend for nearly a year before we went out, and in that time he hurt one of my other good mates by 'stealing' his girlfriend. at least, that's how we saw it; they flirted all the time and eventually she dumped her bf and they went out. so i disliked him a lot then for hurting my friend... then they split up, we ended up fancying each other, went out for 11 months and became best friends!
  • Options
    Yes, I hated David, he was sooo pompous and a big arsed fanny, and grrrrrrrrrrrr, he IRKED me muchos. But then, he grew on me, and was sweet, and then I shagged him, then it got weird, and I'm here to tell the tale. :|