Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Would you be put of?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't have problems getting women at all and when we go out for a drink or dinner and it comes to the part of "so what do you do for work", women seem to be a little intimidated at the fact that I'm a part time stipper and seem to be put off by it.

I know I could just lie to them but in the end I would get found out any way so I might as well be up front with them at the start of it.

How would you react if a date told you that he/she was a stipper?

Comments

• Options
    i'd find another girl who has more respect for herself
  • Options
    I would be put off cos I wouldn't want a potential boyf of mine to be in that line of work! It's a bit, well..... :yuck:
  • Options
    Wait, what's wrong with it?

I wish that some of the women I've been with had that sort of confidence in themselves and their bodies.

It wouldn't bother me in the least, providing there was a "look, but don't touch" thing going on. I don't see the harm in looking.

If my girlfriend wanted to get into stripping, I'd be thrilled. It would mean she was confident in herself, and very stong for it. It would also be nice to get a private viewing :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    i'd find another girl who has more respect for herself

just because girls strip dont mean they have no respect for them selves like skateside said if theres a look but dont touch policy its fine. i think the majority of them are students just tryin to pay there way through college.
    ue gotta have a lot of confidence to be a stripper.
    at the end of the day theyre doing summat they enjoy (and getting good money for it) if it makes then happy who are we to argue.
  • Options
    strip for me and ill tell u
  • Options
    i would be put off.

not my type at all.
  • Options
    tbh im too jealous and to think that she takes off her clothes for other men to get turned on by her is just :yuck: I think flirting is bad sometimes because it shows they're not devoted to you and then to take off your clothes because people get off on it...

tbh I don't see it as just a proffesion I see it as more of a lifestyle in total... you know?
  • Options
    No I wouldn't be put off. At the end of the day it is just a job, it doesn't make strippers any more likely to jump into anyones bed just because of their job. Yes people will be turned on by them at work but it's not that different from fancying someone in an office job or even just someone you see out and about just more direct. To be honest at the end of the day it's just dancing. So if I liked a girl and we were on a date and she said she was a stripper I wouldn't care, it's just a job.
  • Options
    I'd be put off. I only want to share my body with my partner and want the same from him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    I'd be put off. I only want to share my body with my partner and want the same from him.

:yes: i agree with that.
  • Options
    i would probably be very interested and want to see one of your shows. then after i've seen what goes on i'd make my mind up then. i'm not a jealous person, just as long as you treated me right i don't see what the big deal is. its not like u have sex with them...(is it? :p)

p.s. i want to see a photo ;) hehe
  • Options
    It would depend on the girls personality.
  • Options
    Molo you're totally wrong with that statement.
    Originally posted by sar's the lady
    just because girls strip dont mean they have no respect for them selves like skateside said if theres a look but dont touch policy its fine. i think the majority of them are students just tryin to pay there way through college.
    ue gotta have a lot of confidence to be a stripper.
    at the end of the day theyre doing summat they enjoy (and getting good money for it) if it makes then happy who are we to argue.

yes, i agree, apart from the last bit. not all stippers enjoy their job, in fact - i dont know many who do at all. its not always something that makes people happy, but more of something that keeps them going. you're right, some strippers do enjoy their jobs, but 90% of the girls that i worked with (including myself) hated it, and werent happy.
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

tbh I don't see it as just a proffesion I see it as more of a lifestyle in total... you know?

thats the sort of attitude that creates a stereotype of strippers.
  • Options
    The stripping part wouldn't worry me. I think it's the reputation that male strippers have for having women throwing themselves at them and the fact that most of them don't turn it down is what would probably put me off. I'm not too bothered by the flaunting your bod bit, it's the being a tart bit that makes me shake my head and think nope. Although i'll admit that not all male strippers are tarts.