Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

motivation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
how do you all motivate yourself to do coursework etc?

I really need to do it :( but just never do! It's getting to me atm because I don't know what to do. I mean it'd be good to just do it but instead im moaning about not being able to do it heh...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    there's nothing like a deadline to get your ass into gear. having said that, mine is in like 5 days and i'm still here!

heh, you kick my ass i'll kick yours :)
  • Options
    i have non, took me from october to july to do a 5000 word dissertation
  • Options
    I just try and make sure its something im interested in...
    eg. Geology coursework. ended up near enough 20,000 words and yet took me about 3 weeks ontop of my Alevel work load. Im slightly obbsessive on that subject so that was my motivation.

I tend to just split it up into smaller chunks and set myself personal deadlines- I will finish such-and-such a bit by friday- and do my best to stick to them. That way you dont have the entire thing hanging over you all the time, just a few hundred (thousand in my case ;)) words at a time.

G'luck! :thumb:
  • Options
    Actually I found coursework so much easier to do at GCSE and A-Level when there were no word limits!

And when they were in English. heh :)