Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dentists

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have to go at 2:15 today :(

Have to have some injections and bits drilled and stuff.

I dont like dentists :(

Comments

• Options
    I hate them! :nervous:
  • Options
    I really hate goin the dentist it scares the crap outta me :nervous:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kelly
    I hate them! :nervous:
    me too:(

did i miss something? is crazyredeyes going somewhere?
  • Options
    I went the other week for one of them scale and polish things and a filling. didn't like it :( but i have healthier teeth now i suppose!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brummy Bird
    I really hate goin the dentist it scares the crap outta me :nervous:

:yes: me to :nervous:
  • Options
    Gahhhhh !!!

That sucked !

6 injections and two filings, and I have to go back to get another tooth pulled out.

I am off to oz for those that didnt know :D
  • Options
    Ive got the dentist on friday...i dont mind it that much. Its not like my fun for the day, but im not scared of going.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crazyredeyes
    Gahhhhh !!!

That sucked !

6 injections and two filings, and I have to go back to get another tooth pulled out.

I am off to oz for those that didnt know :D

when you going to oz
  • Options
    i HATE going to the dentist.

i don't mind the injection, or the drill, but xrays and the sucky tubes, and having things in my mouth really makes me freak out.

they have to sedate me just to keep me in the chair.
  • Options
    was your tooth hurty at 2:30? lol!:p

going to oz???????? :(:);)
  • Options
    I HATE dentist as well. I have to go to a nervous clinic thing :/. The last time I when't to have a tooth out they had to cut my gum, twist my tooth, pull it, yank, push it and pull it untill the bugger came out... in bits. I still hate 'em but not as much. It wasn't that bad I spose.
  • Options
    I knew a dentist once with bad breath . . .

But anyway! My sister had a bad experience with a dentist last year, she had in total about 12 separate fillings that she didn't need and one of them made her tooth fall apart!
  • Options
    I dont exactly enjoy going to the dentists, but i dont really care all that much when i go... I find this weird though, since a lil while ago when i went, my dentist heated a tool or whatever to smooth a filling and he burnt my top lip *ouch*. The bloke just sat there staring at me! His nurse had to snap him outta his trance before he said or did anything...
  • Options
    I always have to fight falling asleep at the dentist's. :D I luff it! Sitting there in that chair, waiting for time to pass.

Although I don't like the injections. They hurt. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyT
    I dont exactly enjoy going to the dentists, but i dont really care all that much when i go... I find this weird though, since a lil while ago when i went, my dentist heated a tool or whatever to smooth a filling and he burnt my top lip *ouch*. The bloke just sat there staring at me! His nurse had to snap him outta his trance before he said or did anything...

OUCH! Maybe I should try him out on my sister . . . . Now THAT would be funny *plots and schemes* :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    OUCH! Maybe I should try him out on my sister . . . . Now THAT would be funny *plots and schemes* :p
    :yes: And with an idiot like my dentist, maybe he'll over gas her or stab her lip as well as burn it... Oh god, i need me a new dentist... :p
  • Options
    my dentist is alright apart from it takes forever to get an appointment, i booked in today and they booked me in for late september, its not even nhs:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyT
    :yes: And with an idiot like my dentist, maybe he'll over gas her or stab her lip as well as burn it... Oh god, i need me a new dentist... :p

Now I REALLY gotta try him out on Bertha!!! Actually the over-gassing thing may not be a good idea she passed out last night and banged her head on the sink so she got a bruise on her forehead and a cut next to her eye :p She was even paler than usual (and that's hard)! But hmmmmm, I think I should still try him out on her! (and yes I think a new dentist may be a nice idea!!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    Now I REALLY gotta try him out on Bertha!!! Actually the over-gassing thing may not be a good idea she passed out last night and banged her head on the sink so she got a bruise on her forehead and a cut next to her eye :p She was even paler than usual (and that's hard)! But hmmmmm, I think I should still try him out on her! (and yes I think a new dentist may be a nice idea!!)

and to think i know you and LadyT off the site..... im starting to get worried :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Samael
    and to think i know you and LadyT off the site..... im starting to get worried :D

Um, ok?? Why?
  • Options
    I don't really mind dentists but I was really annoyed when I went last week because for the first time ever, I had to pay, for the stupidest reason..
    It's an NHS practice and you're supposed to get it free while in full time education up to the age of 19. Well I'm 18, have just finished college and am starting at university in 4 weeks, and they don't count that as in full time education, because during the 3 months between 2 different institutions, I am not being educated! I think that's so stupid, it's a smooth progression from one to the next and if I'd gone in 4 weeks time I wouldn't have had to pay!
  • Options
    Just reading this thread has made me feel panicky and light-headed.

I hate dentists, I haven't been for over 5 years. I know that's terrible, and I really want to get my teeth straightened, but I don't have the courage to do anything about it. It's making me feel bad because I want to have nice teeth, and I know i'm being stupid and irrational, but can't get over my fears.