Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO--whoever it applies to!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont have anybody in mind when saying this, but thought i would post this incase any of you out there are this way inclined!

My whole break from drugs thing didnt last, just a month over all (and im happy with that) anyway-on Friday i went camden palace had a few pills and did a few things that werent exactly the right thing to do.

Now as much as i know i wouldnt have done them if i hadnt been on these pills, i dont blame them for my actions.. And its beginning to REALLY wind me up when people do a certain thing, say a certain thing, or shag a certain person etc and blame being 'fucked' or high as the reason they did it.. Drugs arent to blame. If i can take responsibility for my actions why cant other people?! Drugs dont make you do ANYTHING, maybe you have less inhibitions or feel like you can do something where normally youd be to shy/scared.. DRUGS DONT MAKE YOU DO THINGS, and for any of you out there who blame your actions on drugs-think about it!

Because i can admit my mistakes, its really beginning to bug me the amount of people i hear saying 'its not my fault, i was fucked' ... take responsibility for your actions!

Comments

• Options
    Re: FAO--whoever it applies to!
    Originally posted by lil_minx

take responsibility for your actions!
    when addicted you lose control of your consumption as in heroin alcoholism etc.
    that to me is the only bit of control you loose over your behaviour ...apart from totaly out of control on alcohol.
    all modern addiction councelling tries to convince you ...'it's not your fasult your this way ...you were born with a problem!' bollox.
    i became a heroin addict becuase i was nothing more than a hedonist. forever seeking pleasure, excitement and dangour.
    it was down to me to change that behaviour and change it i have. your right lil minx ...take responsibility everyone ....and if you need to change something then change it ...not always easy i know.
  • Options
    Drugs are here for a good time, you buy the ticket, you take the ride.

Being totally out of it on alcohol can be quite enjoyable and can be quite horrific...like every drug.

Each user of drugs should try to come to the fact that they can't blame themselves for stupid things they do while 'fucked'...they shouldn't be taking the drugs if they can't take what their mind makes them do.
    However, saying that, i've known to done some stupid things...most of it being very drunk on the legal taxable drug....alcohol, it's great.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Each user of drugs should try to come to the fact that they can't blame themselves for stupid things they do while 'fucked'...they shouldn't be taking the drugs if they can't take what their mind makes them do.

not too often i disagree with you-but i have to on this one, i dont believe your mind makes you do anything, maybe you consider doing something that normally you wouldnt have the courage to do, maybe you are more inclined to do something due to your lack of morals/responsibility/care when you are high-but your mind doesnt make you do anything. Even when you are off your face on whatever drug, or nicely high and horny i think you should ALWAYS blame yourself...

but, like you said-you buy the ticket-you take the ride.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    not too often i disagree with you-but i have to on this one, i dont believe your mind makes you do anything, maybe you consider doing something that normally you wouldnt have the courage to do, maybe you are more inclined to do something due to your lack of morals/responsibility/care when you are high-but your mind doesnt make you do anything. Even when you are off your face on whatever drug, or nicely high and horny i think you should ALWAYS blame yourself...

but, like you said-you buy the ticket-you take the ride.

Yes your right but these thoughts come from in your mind, i know it dosen't MAKE you do it but as you said there about you have less morals and responsibilty and have no care in the world.
  • Options
    I dont think that drug use really leads you to do things that you wouldnt otherwise, although I've said a few things when high that I wouldnt have if I wasnt.
    But they were NOT things that I wasnt thinking, in other words the drugs just made me a bit too truthful, which can be painful in some cases.
  • Options
    The only substance I could ever say you could do things on and its the substances fault is Ketamine, anything else I couldnt.