Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Similar to the "shaving - ouch" thread.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really do want to be free of hair in the below region, but nothing seems to work. If I shave, no matter how well or what kind of razor I use (even electirc ones), it always ends up not completly smooth, and it will be red, itchy and bumpy. If I use a hair removal creme, it will burn my skin, and then cause it to be red and bumpy and itchy. If I get it waxed, it turns red, bumpy and itchy, and around the hair folocules, it bleads. Are there any other way to get rid of hair there? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    erm...pluck usin tweezers? Prob no help and would take tiiiiiiiiiime, but who knows!
  • Options
    this sounds exactly like mine, lol. i have actually tried the tweezer thing and it doesn't hurt *that* much but of course it would take ages to do it all and i've never got that far... ie by the time i finished i'd have to start again.
  • Options
    one word- Epilator
  • Options
    hmm... not sure i would want to be bald permanently!
  • Options
    Originally posted by oh dear
    one word- Epilator

what exactly does that involve? does it hurt?:\
  • Options
    i don't know if it hurts, but it works by sending a tiny electric current down each hair so it erm, fries the root i suppose; anyway it removes it and it doesn't grow back.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    i don't know if it hurts, but it works by sending a tiny electric current down each hair so it erm, fries the root i suppose; anyway it removes it and it doesn't grow back.

It kills the root:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by oh dear
    one word- Epilator

ouch!! :no: