Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My rant (long but please read)

The posts on here recently about drinking alcohol in conjunction with MDMA got me thinking. (lickalotapuss, this isn¡¦t against you, it seems that you know what you are doing)

I don¡¦t have the right to tell anyone on here how to use drugs, but you may have noticed I do go on about testing and safe use quite a bit. In an effort to stop myself just sounding like a grouch I wanted to try and explain why I do this.

Whether it is fair or not all drug users are lumped together and because of this no one user can use in isolation. Because of this the activities of every drug user reflects on all the others. Lets take GHB for an example, before the ban there were many many users who took pleasure in using GHB safely for years without any problems what so ever. But when it was linked with date-rape (somewhat wrongly IMO) it was banned, the activities of the few tarring the image of the majority.

If we are ever going to gain sensible drug policy in this country or any other we have to behave in a way that is responsible and safe. Other wise we will always be dismissed as ¡¥druggies¡¦ and any protests we make about the unfairness of the law will go unheeded.

That¡¦s why I get upset, and in part angry, when I hear about some people really misusing strong drugs. You are helping to continue and even strengthen the legal situation by your activity. I don¡¦t want to be a criminal, I¡¦ve had one very short stay in a police cell and I didn¡¦t like it.

MDMA and the others in its family are VERY strong drugs, which can have wonderful effects, but what has happened to being ¡¥loved up¡¦?! No-one wants the true feeling anymore, they just want to get ¡¥fucked¡¦ and stumble around not being able to see or walk properly. What should be an amazing experience where you feel true empathy has become a contest to shove dirty pills down your neck and to see who can get the most ¡¥mashed¡¦. This example is even worse than GHB because it¡¦s the majority of users who do so unsafely

Most drug deaths could be avoided and because of that they are even more tragic, please be careful, just because you can do two or more drugs together does NOT mean its safe.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree with what you're saying, but it's kinda a vicious circle.

If the drugs were legalised, and people were educated on their effects properly instead of "Don't do drugs 'cause they'll kill you!", I doubt you'd see so many people just taking drugs to get 'fucked'.
  • Options
    Re: My rant (long but please read)
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    The posts on here recently about drinking alcohol in conjunction with MDMA got me thinking. (lickalotapuss, this isn¡¦t against you, it seems that you know what you are doing)

I don¡¦t have the right to tell anyone on here how to use drugs...

...even more tragic, please be careful, just because you can do two or more drugs together does NOT mean its safe.

Well said *claps hands*

I could'nt agree more, however, do you honestly see MDMA ever being legalised? How can something which has been classed as illegal, and seen as dangerous for so long, ever be allowed into society again, i really can't see it happening.
  • Options
    Thanks for your aggreement, I know I do come accross as a bitchy old bastard sometimes.

As for MDMA being legal, I dont think it will happen soon, but I hope that it will be brought into medical setting sooner. It could be a massive help to lots of people.

I do however think that MDMA will be down graded soonish, the reason cannabis is changing is because there are too many users for the police to chase, and this is already happening in London for pill users.
    A lot of people caught with only a few are getting a caution, which wouldnt have happened a few years ago.
  • Options
    Thanks for your aggreement, I know I do come accross as a bitchy old bastard sometimes.
    :yes: only joking.

I agree with most of what you have said.
    I do mix drugs and reading your "chemical" explanations in the other thread makes you think a lot more about the dangers of doing it.
    I myself believe I have enough experience of most drugs to know what I'm doing. I would never go out and mix drugs I have never tried before. I've done pills for many years and know the signs of when somethings not quite right, like dehydration etc. and I've learnt through my own personal experiences and that of others what to do with myself in certain situations to sort my head out.

I think you are a very knowledgeable person when it comes to drugs and any advice you give I will read and take into account.
  • Options
    Cheers, as I said, you've been doing it for ages so your not one of the people who I was ranting against. I'm not saying what you do always sounds safe though.

Its just peoples attitudes to MDMA is changing, as the price falls its just becoming something to wack into the mix rather than the main attraction.
  • Options
    I agree with the cunning linguist, i always take your advice into account bongbudda, your vast knowledge of chemicals and the like never ceases to amaze me :D
  • Options
    Ta, (head swells till nearly bursting point), I'm not sure if my knowledge either marks me out as really intelligent or having a boarder line mental health issue, probally the latter, oh well.
  • Options
    IMO I think that the reason we have all lost that loving feeling is because pills these days dont contain a great deal of Mdma and the buzz people are expecting is the dirty one. I for one like the dirty buzz, but would love pills to be the way they were, a very happy euphoric emotionally overwhelming buzz :blush:

Its a shame because pills arnt what they used to be and Mdma is very expensive, its a drug that all your mates need to have or your £50 gram doesnt go very far. So allot of people opt for pills.

Mixing drugs has always been a fav of mine, I know it's irresponsible and greatly increases the risk of fucking up, but it is fun and I have never had any problems....yet :eek:

So I think what I am trying to say is that its not the choice of drug, maybe just the prices involved, in an ideal world I would love to do just Mdma when I went out, its a nice clean buzz. But I cant afford it all the time and isnt as widely available.

:D
  • Options
    There is nothing that can really be done about the people who just want to get *fucked*...there are alot of people out there who just pop pill after pill until they can't walk or see...then they will say it's the weekend,i can let my hair down and go out and take numerous amouts of different drugs and party all night, that's the way it is..the weekend culture. i have never taken mdma so can't really talk much about it.
  • Options
    Crazyredeyes; I know what you mean about the rash of 'dirty' pills that are around at the moment, strangely most pills these days are MDMA, but as I've mentioned before the snyth is shit giving them that feel.

The consumer is king, if we all demand better pills they will be made, but then most people who get pure pills think they arent very good because they dont fuck you up.
  • Options
    Well put!!!

I hate going to a club , to have a good time, and there are ppl throwing up, and looking terrible , cause they cant handle there shit. They dont realise how shit the look, i know i used to get that fucked that i couldnt see straight , but that was before, now i know what i can handle and have a great time, dancing all night, and not just sitting getting really shmangled!! And i remember EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ppl need to take it easy and have fun, thats what it is all about!!!!!!!!

:p
  • Options
    Your right about that, the nights when I've gone out and done lots havent been my best nights.

I do have a bad habit of chasing the high though, thinking I could do with a little more the whole night.
  • Options

I do have a bad habit of chasing the high though, thinking I could do with a little more the whole night.

I know what you mean, i find i do that especially with coke, and then i am left hanging when it has all run out, and you know that you are never gonna be able to keep that high.

With pills , i have learnt to just enjoy it all , start with 1/2 then a whole and then 1 1/2 and then my high keeps rising!! and not dropping (till i come down that is!)
  • Options
    I do it quite often when I use speed, the couple of times I've done too much of that stuff in one go have taught me its not wise.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: My rant (long but please read)
    MDMA and the others in its family are VERY strong drugs, which can have wonderful effects, but what has happened to being ¡¥loved up¡|?! No-one wants the true feeling anymore, they just want to get ¡¥fucked¡| and stumble around not being able to see or walk properly. What should be an amazing experience where you feel true empathy has become a contest to shove dirty pills down your neck and to see who can get the most ¡¥mashed¡|.

Each to their own.

Sometimes it's nice to just sit back with a few bombs of pure MDMA powder and then othertimes I like dropping stupid number of pills and getting proply mashed up.

I've been using ecstasy now for over 6 years and throughout that time I've had stages where I abused it and others where I've used it for a much more spirtual buzz - both can be fun!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    skive mate, you haven't been around in a while, what you been doing.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Shogun
    skive mate, you haven't been around in a while, what you been doing.

I had a bit of a technical and there were a few reasons why I didn't get round to fixing it - namely the fact that a mate of mine died and I've had girlfriend trouble!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well you have my sympathy.