Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tongue Piercings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Usual crap.

How long do they take to heal? D'they look good on guys? Uh... some other stuff that I forgot now :/ Oh yeah! What's this shit about not drinking!? How long is that for!?

Comments

• Options
    they take two weeks to heal initially.

i think they look good on anyone.

you can't drink for a day or two before you get it done, or for a few days after - alcohol thins the blood, and can cause you to bleed and not clot properly. but after a few days it should be reet. also if you're the type of person who tends to over-drink and throw up, OUCH on a newly pierced tongue.

any other questions? :p i've had mine done for years...
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

any other questions? :p

I had plenty but I forgot :/

Was gonna get it done today but seeing as I've been out drinking 'til like, 5 hours ago I guess I kinda need to give it a miss 'til next week :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    any other questions? :p i've had mine done for years...

Ditto.

I found it took about a week for the initial swelling to go down (i had a lisp for that time too!) and then wait another week before getting it changed for a shorter bar.

I think they look good on most people, definately look good on blokes - will make you quite popular... ;) Be aware that they might not do it if you've got a vein running down the centre of your tongue - most people have them on either side, but if it is down the centre, they won't pierce you because you could bleed to death. But don't worry about it too much because you can see the veins on the underside, so they aren't going to make any silly mistakes.

You shouldn't drink for a couple of days afterwards, kaffrin's right, and you may find that you have to adjust your eating habits for a while - ie, not using the centre of your tongue. Also, watch out on munching down on the ball on the end - i've done that, and it can break teeth. So be warned!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Was gonna get it done today but seeing as I've been out drinking 'til like, 5 hours ago I guess I kinda need to give it a miss 'til next week :p

any reputable piercing place will ask you if you've drunk in the last 24 hours before you get it done, and if you say yes, they won't do it.

you could lie to them, but with alcohol in your bloodstream the wound (cause effectively it's an open wound in your mouth) will take a lot longer to stop bleeding, and if anything goes wrong... *shudders*

anyway it's your tongue, and you really don't want to risk anything going wrong on your tongue. it's not like an earlobe...
  • Options
    I don't think they really look good on guys, but it's up to yourself :p

Don't smoke for a couple of days after you get it done, because it fucks up the healing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I don't think they really look good on guys, but it's up to yourself :p

Don't smoke for a couple of days after you get it done, because it fucks up the healing.

Aye, but we all know what your fashion sense is like :p

I don't smoke anyway btw :p
  • Options
    Aw, Claire'll be SO happy Kieran ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Aw, Claire'll be SO happy Kieran ;)

Quiet, you :p
  • Options
    Found this on tongue piercing :)
  • Options
    I really don't think they look good. Now, how they feel is another thing.
  • Options
    i really want my tounge peirced but i aint to keen on needles passed out when i had my belly button dun :lol:
    im fine with tattoos though got 3 of them in various places and the next ones goin rite on my rosy lil ass ;)
    dunno why i pass out when i have peircings maybe its just the thought of summat goin in my skin with tattoos nuthin (as such) is goin in ya, but i do realllllly want my tounge dun anyone know how i can conquer my fear and bite the bullet and get it dun?
  • Options
    It's different for everyone, but mine took about a week to heal. I had the bar changed to the smaller one after 2 weeks and I was drinking alcohol after a few days. I think they look nice on blokes ;)