Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

[TODAY AT 2PM!] 28th July Movie Afternoon!

ellaella Community Manager Posts: 189 Helping Hand
edited July 28 in Community Announcements
Hi Friends!!

We're hosting a movie afternoon TODAY 2-4pm! Let us know below if you'll be there and remember to vote for the movie you'd like to watch. We've tried to find some best picks from some free streaming platforms! :)

[TODAY AT 2PM!] 28th July Movie Afternoon! 11 votes

Hotel Transylvania (4oD)
27%
Amy22Rose113Slinky 3 votes
Clueless (4oD)
9%
ebyrne556 1 vote
Dr Seuss Cat in the Hat (4oD)
0%
Meet the Fockers (4oD)
0%
Mamma Mia (ITVx)
54%
Laura_tigger82sinead276BensonEeylahoptixytEms222 6 votes
Dirty Dancing (ITVx)
0%
Ice Age (ITVx)
9%
Distraction 1 vote
Post edited by Gemma on

Comments

• SlinkySlinky Posts: 411 Listening Ear
    Hotel Transylvania (4oD)
    yee ill try and come. I always forget lol
  • eylaheylah Posts: 3,167 Boards Guru
    Mamma Mia (ITVx)
    mamma mia. ill be there. :)
    vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. truth and courage arent always comfortable. but they are never weakness.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,224 Community Veteran
    Ice age 😊
    Crazy mad insane
  • BensonEBensonE Posts: 182 Helping Hand
    Mamma Mia (ITVx)
    If mumma Mia wins will it be a typing singalong
  • BensonEBensonE Posts: 182 Helping Hand
    Mamma Mia (ITVx)
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Ice age 😊

You have to click on ice age then vote button
  • optixytoptixyt Posts: 11 Settling in
    Mamma Mia (ITVx)
    BensonE wrote: »

Fr

A brain is no brain when programming. It is just mush.
  • optixytoptixyt Posts: 11 Settling in
    Mamma Mia (ITVx)
    oh wait, just realised I can’t go 😭 I’m going abroad a week before for two weeks
    A brain is no brain when programming. It is just mush.
    Mamma Mia (ITVx)
    BensonE wrote: »

it will win. ;)
    vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. truth and courage arent always comfortable. but they are never weakness.
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,485 Community Veteran
    Hotel Transylvania (4oD)
    Hopefully I can attend the movie afternoon again. I have watched Mamma Mia so so many times :joy: and even in college as part of my creative media course. It will be nice to re-watch it though I do love a bit of Mamma Mia :joy:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 1,057 Wise Owl
    edited July 24
    :star:It looks like Mamma Mia has won!! :star:

Soo to join us this Sunday for our movie afternoon, follow these steps:

Step 1: Register for a free account with ITVX or log in to check your account is ready to go
    Step 2: Set a reminder for 2pm this Sunday 🍿
    Step 3: On Sunday at 2pm, head to our Support Group page. You’ll see a blue ‘join’ button appear by the movie afternoon session on the right-hand panel (you might need to refresh your page for them to appear). If you run into any technical difficulties, this link might fix it.
    Step 4: Head to ITVX to load up the film ready to watch together!

Looking forward to it :)
    ♡♡♡
  • AoifeAoife Community Manager Posts: 3,151 Boards Guru
    Just a reminder our movie afternoon will happening on Sunday! See @Gemma's post above for all the details on how to come along :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,026 Wise Owl
    Clueless (4oD)
    Hope u all enjoy it I’m going out for lunch for my grandparents 60th anniversary
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hotel Transylvania (4oD)
    @ebyrne556 That's really nice and I hope you enjoy lunch and happy 60th anniversary to your grandparents thats super amazing!. I bet you are going to have a lovely time out with them <3.
    edited July 28
    Heeeey everyone!

Big reminder that our movie afternoon is taking place today at 2pm!! Everyone is welcome to join, no sign up necessary!

Just head over to our group chat space at 2pm where we can all chat together whilst watching Mamma Mia on ITVx :)

[Just tagging everyone that responded to the poll as a reminder]
    ♡♡♡
    Hotel Transylvania (4oD)
    oh thanks i forgot. Ive never seen Mama Mia lol.

I just checked and can't get subtitles to work but I'll try later and hopefully they work then so I can join
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,120 Boards Guru
    I'm having a beach day ahah so can't watch the movie but if I remember I may pop in quickly to say a quick hi ahah, I love mamma Mia tho
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Slinky wrote: »
    I just checked and can't get subtitles to work but I'll try later and hopefully they work then so I can join

Oh no @Slinky that's so bad if ITVx don't have their subtitles working!!

Do you have Netflix? I can see the film is on there but I know it costs to subscribe. Just wanted to flag incase you have access to it as the subtitles might work better there :)
    ♡♡♡
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    I'm having a beach day ahah so can't watch the movie but if I remember I may pop in quickly to say a quick hi ahah, I love mamma Mia tho

Ahh no worries @Chloe234 enjoy your beach day that sounds so fun!! Always welcome to pop in and say hiiii :)
    ♡♡♡
    Hotel Transylvania (4oD)
    @Gemma Oh ya I have Netflix. It's on there so I can watch :D thank yaa
    Mamma Mia (ITVx)
    im coming. :)
    And we're open! Join us here :)
    ♡♡♡
    Hotel Transylvania (4oD)
    Hiya I might not go to this today apologies <3 But I hope everyone who can come does enjoy it too.
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,420 Wise Owl
    Mamma Mia (ITVx)
    sorry to have missed the movie (i may have to watch it anyways coz i love mamma mia) - hope you all had a lovely time watching it together