Home Neurodivergence
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

About this forum (Neurodivergence)

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
edited January 5 in Neurodivergence
Welcome to Neurodivergence!

This is a space to discuss anything about neurodivergence. This isn't just a space for neurodivergent (ND) people - neurotypical (NT) people can post here too! (e.g. to learn more or for help supporting friends)

ND conditions are separate from illnesses, because people who have them are not unwell, they're just 'wired differently'. Currently, the most well known ND conditions are autism and ADHD, but definitions can also include dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, and more.

Why did we make this forum?

As mentioned above, ND doesn't fit neatly into any existing category. We know that ND conditions aren't illnessnes in the same way that anxiety and depression are, so Health & Wellbeing doesn't quite work. Given this, we felt a Neurodivergent category made the most sense.

As always with new forums, we'll continue to tweak this and listen to your feedback while we roll it out. Feel free to share your thoughts on this new category here or via DM to @TheMix!
The truth resists simplicity.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,033 Community Veteran
    Thank u for creating the forum this is so handy for me now!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    I think this is a great forum to have for the neurodivergent community as research as shown many of these individuals feel most comfortable communicating online/using technology so I can imagine it will be a very helpful and useful forum!!
  • Options
    cc_ilariacc_ilaria Posts: 79 Budding Regular
    I love this forum<33 thank you all
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    This is awesome, thank you The Mix for creating a space for neurodiversity on the site. :)