Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

QUESTION OF THE WEEK

Maria2008Maria2008 Posts: 146 Helping Hand
sorry i havent been here for a full week just felt to shit to talk anyone i just turned a year closer to death on the 27th and yh i just wasnt in the mood but anyway back to the title of this discussion

ive asked many of my mates if u had a question to ask each other what would u ask so here we go
what is your darkest secret
what should u have told ur other half before getting together
what was the worst insult youve ever been told

Have fun...... :)

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,033 Community Veteran
    Oo these are hard questions but I do love deep and thoughtful questions <3

I think my darkest secret is that me and my friends in primary school stole a bottle of coke from a painter in our school who was painting the fence. the teachers found out in the end though so probs not a dark secret but it was funny lol

Im not with the person anymore but I wish that I actually said no and stayed as friends in the beginning

I think for the insult someone told me good luck trying to find kind people in the world

Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Amy22 the insult one ive been told that as well but it is very hard to find kind people
  • Options
    @Maria2008 I was talking to someone on a multiplayer game and I thought we had something in common but it turned I think I put them off. It is kind of true though as the world is a hard place at times but there are a small minority of us who are actually kind and good-hearted people, it just takes a while to find them I think <3
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    1) If I say it then its no longer a secret.

2) Never been in a relationship.

3) An insult... I can't really think of one :/ But if I remember then I'll definitely post it here.

Maria2008 wrote: »
    @Amy22 the insult one ive been told that as well but it is very hard to find kind people
    I do want to mention this tho, cause I 100% agree. You are either bad, or too good to be true.
    People see kindness as suspicious. At least that's what I think. No one ever talks to me without wanting something in return...
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 That's actually interesting with the kindness thing as it is true that a lot of people do use kindness as a way of manipulation which I find is sad but it happens. I feel that way too as normally it is because someone is after something or needs something.
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    @Maria2008 I was talking to someone on a multiplayer game and I thought we had something in common but it turned I think I put them off. It is kind of true though as the world is a hard place at times but there are a small minority of us who are actually kind and good-hearted people, it just takes a while to find them I think <3
    i agree that is why i think i joined the mix in hope to find some good people and then with others its just really hard to find them like it took 4 years to find my boyfriend even tho we were in the same school together in the same form same classes but it took us 4 years to find each other the first time he noticed me he goes ' this is gonna sound awkward coz we dont know each other but i really like u and i kind of wanna skip the friendship part' ok enough of me rambling on about my future husband oh yh he called me his wifey yesterday lol
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    1) If I say it then its no longer a secret.

2) Never been in a relationship.

3) An insult... I can't really think of one :/ But if I remember then I'll definitely post it here.

I do want to mention this tho, cause I 100% agree. You are either bad, or too good to be true.
    People see kindness as suspicious. At least that's what I think. No one ever talks to me without wanting something in return...

@JJLemon18 i understand thats what i believed until 2023 there are people out there who are kind (like 20% of the world but at least there is something) its really hard to find them but you will know when they are open with you tells you everything about themeselves got nothing to hide and they are there to support you (even if it may involve the police in my experience) or even if it involves them getting into trouble and you may be thinking im rambling on and on but bro (or sis) there are people out there that are kind there very less but you just have to pull your finger out your ass and have the motivation to look for them same applies to @Amy22
  • Options
    i agree that is why i think i joined the mix in hope to find some good people and then with others its just really hard to find them like it took 4 years to find my boyfriend even tho we were in the same school together in the same form same classes but it took us 4 years to find each other the first time he noticed me he goes ' this is gonna sound awkward coz we dont know each other but i really like u and i kind of wanna skip the friendship part' ok enough of me rambling on about my future husband oh yh he called me his wifey yesterday lol

Also when I joined The Mix but also I joined because of other stuff going in my life back then which was 2021 and 2022 I think but it does take a while to find that person and sometimes you kind of have to go through lots of people before you find something at least that kind of what I think ish. <3
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 That's actually interesting with the kindness thing as it is true that a lot of people do use kindness as a way of manipulation which I find is sad but it happens. I feel that way too as normally it is because someone is after something or needs something.
    Yeah its very sad, but that's what humans have done to each other, true kindness is often exploited that's why its gotten so rare.
    I love JustV's quote "All behaviour is a need trying to be met" because its true. Even if you think you're just being nice, then you're not even realising you're not doing it for nothing. If I send someone a message asking "how are you" wanting nothing in return, it still has a reason, even if it's just to have a conversation with someone to feel less alone.

@Maria2008 I know, but it's so hard to get out there, especially with the way I lived my entire life. Honestly, only once I joined the mix I've realised that nice people do in fact exist. I have a lot to thank the mix for, I'm planning on writing it all but I dont want it to sound like I'm leaving, cause I'm not lol.
    but you just have to pull your finger out your ass and have the motivation to look for them
    Ngl this made me giggle xD But seriously, I understand. Thank you!
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 im glad it made u giggle and im glad we met each other on the mix at least we have each other and i think you are a really nice person xx from your sis maria
  • Options
    @Amy22 i get what you mean it takes a lot of time but like i said before be motivated and trust me youll find someone its best to look in the quieter areas first rather than jump in to the crowd coz the crowd is baaaad coz they want fame they are always competing with each other the quieter ones just want to be happy your a nice person just like jjlemons and i think you will find your someone soon xx your sis maria
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    1) not saying xD
    2) I think I'd say the exact same thing as @Amy22
    3) my sisters say mean things all the time, a lot of the time it's just petty and I don't take offense but sometimes they say things in a spiteful way and they genuinely mean it and it really hurts. I can think of a few examples but yeah there's a lot
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    @Morgyn007 i relate to the second one but i didnt even have to tell him that he could already see im suprised he hasnt broke up with me and i gues with the life on
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @Xee thats why i hate step sis but then again my bros are like that as well and as for number 2 why dont you just be friends witht them then easy for me to say coz i dont know if you are on civil terms with the person or persons in 2023 with the threesome and foursome thing same advice to @Amy22 btw i prefer ur old profile pic no offense to the building
  • Options
    @Maria2008 yeah it was pretty nice I want to change it up somehow and I just put up a pic of my guitar which does kind of look like a building in a way lol
  • Options
    sputniksputnik Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    1. Um, err, I couldn't say :sweat_smile: Sorry!
    2. Have never had a partner :'(
    3. Hmm, probably 'What do you get out of being pathetic?', that one hurt quite a bit :sweat: It was a long time ago though.
    I know you fought hard as hell

but let this sink in

you do not have to fight by yourself

~ lyrics from Willow by The Little Unsaid
  • Options
    @amy22 now u choose a sunflower cute =)
  • Options
    @sputnik hey your not pathetic personally i dont thuink anyone can be pathetic unless your being proper stupid like idk drawing on the wall or licking the floor but yh i think u get the idea
  • Options
    @amy22 now u choose a sunflower cute =)

In our garden we grow sunflower's so I thought the sunflower might be a bit more cheerful as a profile picture :), thank you <3 also I love your pfp too as I love bikes.
  • Options
    @Amy22 its actually me and my bf the second day of dating and i love sunflowers
  • Options
    @Maria2008 aw nice!
  • Options
    sorry there hasnt been any questions any more i just couldnt deal with anything to feel motivated

so lets see if we find any twins this week (not literal twins i mean if you have the same answer ive just confused myself you know what just ignore this whole sentence)

what wierd food combination are actually nice?
    what would be your dream motorbike(girl or boy no judges here)
    what would your ideal man/gyal be?
  • Options
    sputniksputnik Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    Hey @Maria2008 thanks for the new questions, hope you're OK <3

1. Porridge with peanut butter and honey (I'm told that's weird, I dunno)
    2. Ohhh I don't know anything about motorbikes, sorry - all I can say is 'a quiet one' :lol:
    3. Empathic, patient and cuddly <3
    I know you fought hard as hell

but let this sink in

you do not have to fight by yourself

~ lyrics from Willow by The Little Unsaid
  • Options
    1. Honestly not sure, I think maybe combining chicken strips with honey sauce to create a sweet and sour kind of flavour

2. Hmm probably a Harley Davidson cause I like to keep things classic!. I also have got a fondness for dirt bikes and off roader type of thing

3. Personally they could be anyone really, I tend to go for more personality than looks. I think for me my ideal partner would be caring, kind and understanding as I think those qualities are good to have. Not a huge fan of romance tho but it is nice.
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    I promised to come back to this if I remember something so here it is. Its not really an 'insult' but its something that kinda hurt me the most and I still think about it a lot.

So at uni I asked one of my 'friends' if we are gonna have a meeting after the lesson to work on our group project, I needed to know whether I should ask my dad to come pick me up or not. He told me there won't be a meeting. So as I was about to leave (my dad waiting for me outside) when my friends got angry at me cause apparently there was a meeting. I said to them that he told me there won't be any. And his response was "I'm not gonna babysit you"... it upset me so much that I just turned around and left.
    Tbh I'm kinda glad he said that, cause since then I've learnt to stand up for myself more. But it still hurt.

Anyways, new questions!

1) This thing called 'milk soup' (kinda popular in Poland). The way I eat it is basically cooked pasta inside a bowl of milk with some sugar. You can eat it both hot or cold. Its really good!

2) No idea, I'm not a fan of motorbikes sorry. Maybe one that doesn't fall over haha.

3) Definitely understanding and caring, patient, kind, cuddly and someone who loves messing around and having fun! Might sound demanding but the question is about "ideal" partner, honestly someone who's understanding is more than enough for me.
  • Options
    edited January 30
    EEEEveryone im soooooooo sorry i havent been in contact i went through a really bad suicidal stage so yh thats non of your businesses but i felt like i had to say it anyway whos ready for some baffling question

NUMBER1
    Who decided whats bueatiful and ugly?

Number 2
    This ones personal so feel free to skip this question
    What turns you on?

number 3
    how do you know you can trust someone?

these are very random questions but hey lifes random, if any of you want me to put any ideas for next week feel free to private dm me
    Post edited by Gemma on
  • Options
    Hey @JJLemon18 im so sorry for that stupid friend of yours and so glad i wasnt there otherwise excuse my language but i would have kicked his ass down and insulted him in front of the whole school especially if he was a guy they always think they can own us and see themeselves as babysitters

right enough of me cursing but milk soup interesting never heard of it but your partner bang on what i want but never seem to get i dont think that species exist in this society anyway love u all
  • Options
    i dont think that species exist in this society anyway
    True :lol:

About the questions... well, I don't know the answer to any of them lol.

Sending hugs :)