Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

where can i get cheap GHD's?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my hair is doing my head in, its one big frizzball, and i desperately want some GHDs. where can i get some that arent too expensive? a shop if possible, cos i cant get them off ebay.

ta muchly!

Comments

• Options
    Clicky - Though not so cheap...
  • Options
    Sorry doll, but GHD's aren't sold in shops. And they sell for £90 and I don't think you'll find them cheaper anywhere (no more than a penny cheaper anyway). Soz, Ilora x
  • Options
    cheapest i can see them is ebay-sorry. ranging between £65 and £80 buy it now price.
    youre all raving about them so much i want some, and my hairs not even particularly frizzy!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    youre all raving about them so much i want some, and my hairs not even particularly frizzy!!
    Heh :D

Next time you go to your hairdressers, ask them to use GHD's on your hair. :yes:
  • Options
    i have a pair of ceramic straightners identical to the ghd ones except they have ajustable heat and were £80. They look identical but are made by 'koda' or something like that! They might be a better option as i can't tell the difference!
  • Options
    shop around in salons, many of them sell GHD's and the likes so look around for the cheapest
  • Options
    You can get Babyliss Ceramics for 30 quid. Not as good but if you cant afford the proper ones...
  • Options
    just seen pretend Ghd's here for 55 quid :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    just seen pretend Ghd's here for 55 quid :)
    I had them a little while ago. They're still really good, but not as good as GHD's :)
  • Options
    i love GHDs theyre so good! mine were £97 from my local hairdressers, theyre a bit sheaper than this on the ghd website, and theyre are some cheaper ones on ebay,
    happy hunting!
  • Options
    where can i get cheap GHD's?

NOWHERE

mine were 86 which is the cheapest ive seen em
  • Options
    Originally posted by MissTwinkle
    i have a pair of ceramic straightners identical to the ghd ones except they have ajustable heat and were £80. They look identical but are made by 'koda' or something like that! They might be a better option as i can't tell the difference!

have you used the GHDs? how do these KODO ones compare? ive just been looking at them on the net and found them on www.snipz.co.uk for £54.99 and i might get a pair. my GHDs broke, and to be honest i just really dont have a clue what to get, i asked my hairdresser and she says they no longer sell them cos too many people were bringing them back for the same reason that mine broke, so i dont know if its a good idea to get another pair if thats just gonna happen again, but to be honest im wary about buying a different make cos i dont know how they will compare
  • Options
    Originally posted by scarlettcloud
    i asked my hairdresser and she says they no longer sell them cos too many people were bringing them back for the same reason that mine broke, so i dont know if its a good idea to get another pair if thats just gonna happen again, but to be honest im wary about buying a different make cos i dont know how they will compare
    How did yours break?

Ilora x
  • Options
    what do you think? i dont want the thin ceramic ones, the look like they mite burn my hair-im ordering these tomorow! :)
  • Options
    Yeah, they're nice. But I doubt they'd work. Or last. *Shrugs* Nothing compares to GHD's...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    How did yours break?

Ilora x

my hairdresser told me dont wrap the lead around the straighteners as it will ruin the wires inside. so i didnt do that. but i lent them to a friend for a couple of weeks while i was away and she returned them to me with the lead wrapped around them, she had been doing that the whole time. anyway they were fine for a while and then the little light wouldnt flash. it would flash and then stop, flash and then stop or else switch off all together and they would cool down and heat up. anyway they heated up and then as soon as i put them in my hair they sparked and blew up in my hand. i got an electrician to fix them and they were fine but then when i was away travelling i wrapped the lead around them a few times in my haste to pack, not thinking and then when i got home they started doing the same thing, and then the blew up again. so they are buggered. i took them back to the same electrician but he said the wires inside are messed up and i probably need a new pair.

thats how i feel about GHDs, that nothing compares, but at the same time i dont want to spend the money on them if they are going to do that again. my hairdresser said its a manufacturing fault and lots of people are bringing them back for the same reason. i dont know whether to get a new pair or not....
  • Options
    Yeah, they're nice. But I doubt they'd work. Or last. *Shrugs* Nothing compares to GHD's...

Ilora x

didnt you say once how they made your hair fall out? or was that someone else:confused:
  • Options
    ooh cheers for that snipz website, i these ordered brilliant :Dthese
  • Options
    i know this threads a bit old but would just like to say that the hair tools ones are brilliant too, my sis who works in a hairdressers/beauty place has them and all of the hairdressers too, because they don't want to pay as much for the ghds.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    ooh cheers for that snipz website, i these ordered brilliant :Dthese
    oooh they look good. I really want some decent straightners as i got mine done the other day, and it looked sooo much better. ive got soem crappy ones with metal plates, but they arent very good. I havent got £90 to spend on GHDs though unfortunatly.
  • Options
    id soo reccomend those straighteners to anyone, there like GHD's but i think way better! they arrived pretty quick and they were a decent price
  • Options
    My mum bought me some good Thermoceramic streightners form boots, they were abit dear at £80 but they are really good and we're, until a couple of weeks ago, only available through hairdressers.
  • Options
    what the hell are ghds? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman

:blush: what i was wondering too? Never heared strightners called that before!
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    its just a brand name for a type of hair straightener.:) It stands for good hair day.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sorry doll, but GHD's aren't sold in shops. And they sell for £90 and I don't think you'll find them cheaper anywhere (no more than a penny cheaper anyway). Soz, Ilora x

well...if you class a hairdresser as a shop, then they are. Thats where I got mine :)

I think i paid £95, but seriously...it was money well spent. Has changed my hair completely, and im much more confident about it now :)

expensive, but well worth it :thumb:
  • Options
    Woah.

That is a lot of money to pay for straight hair :eek2:
  • Options
    my hair goes so wicked with them.

sigh*
  • Options
    seriously, anyone looking for that one wonder product, ghd's are it:thumb: