Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crochet

SienaSiena Posts: 15,517 Skive's The Limit
Does anyone crochet?

I started learning Saturday and I’m making legs of a teddy bear & I’m soo proud of myself.

gl1p6cahkbzv.jpeg
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Ooooo that looks really good @Siobhan especially if you started learning on saturday

Unfortunately I don't crochet but i'm pretty sure a few other people on the boards do
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Siobhan wrote: »
    Does anyone crochet?

I started learning Saturday and I’m making legs of a teddy bear & I’m soo proud of myself.

gl1p6cahkbzv.jpeg

Wow @Siobhan that's awesome. Funny enough I actually crochet and knit myself too. I can't wait to see your finished teddy bear :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    It's looking so good @Siobhan!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Thank you @Aife
    I’m so proud of myself. I was only learning Saturday and I was so close to giving up as hard but didn’t cause was expensive to buy lol & glad I didn’t.

I’m going to make my Baby niece some things for when she is born. She could have this as deplay in nursery but I would prefer to give her something which has stitched eyes on instead of the buttons

My sister is doing a Winnie The pooh nursery so I’ll be making Winnie the Pooh
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Awh I love it so much @Siobhan Im very proud of you <3
  • Options
    Oh wow - it's looking really good now @Siobhan - can't wait to see the final thing :blush:
  • Options
    Thank you. I’ve run out of the wool so need to get some but hopefully will finish it tomorrow!
    I regret not trying something a bit more easier to start off with lol been stressful
  • Options
    It will look amazing once it is done. I actually a while ago made a thread for anything crochet or knitting based. I might try to send the link.
  • Options
    Thank you. I still don’t have the wool yet to finish it so I’ve started this wonky elephant

s7wz77xqowk3.jpeg
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Wow @Siobhan they are amazing, I can't believe you've not been crocheting long. you should definitely be proud of yourself. I love crocheting too, most recently I made a balloon dog. Keep on posting pics of what you're making. I love to see them!
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Aw they look so cute @Siobhan well done. They look so good!.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I’ve finished the bear

6o6w3vd9ozir.jpeg
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    Awww I love this!
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    Thank you! I just made a Bee 🐝
    2ycrxrq22d3h.jpeg
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Wow @Siobhan the teddy and the bee look so amazing! I love them so much <3
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    These are dope @Siobhan :) what a neat skill to have
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I'd not checked this post until now because I'm miserable, but those are genuinely really, really good! You should be proud of them and yourself :)
  • Options
    Aw thank you guys x
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    The bee is for my nieces nursery because of Winnie the Pooh. And honey and bees lol think would look cute in there but the eyes aren’t stitched so only for desplay
  • Options
    yd5adj86o4h3.jpeg
    6l9kkzi02tfg.jpeg
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,152 Part of The Furniture
    They are honestly adorable Shaunie 🥺
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    So cute Shaunie, I love them. I’m going to be starting a baby blanket as a present for someone this week, I’ll make sure to put a picture when I’m finished
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    I love the bunny, they look so amazing you should be very proud. I am currently making a skirt and a waistcoat. I got a lot of UFO's at the moment that need to be finished.
  • Options
    Love it love it love it - your so talented at crocheting :3
  • Options
    Wow @Amy22 ive never attempted any clothing before, how are you finding it?
  • Options
    jess63 wrote: »
    Wow @Amy22 ive never attempted any clothing before, how are you finding it?

Thank you @jess63 clothing is so fun to do but very time consuming. Also, it does take a while but I love it as I can wear my stuff which is cool. Im hoping to make jumpers soon too. :)