Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Waiting for an appointment

SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 885 Part of The Mix Family
Hi!

I finally got the courage to book a doctors appointment for a mole I have that changed colour. I noticed it changed last year but I didnt want to bkther anyone and i kept an eye on it and it didnt change again. I should have got it checked then but I didnt and i cant change the past so theres no use fovusing on that.

But the other day i noticed it changed again, so i told my mum and we made an appointment. (I didnt tell her about last year, just that it changed recently) . The appointment is two weeks away. Before making the appointment I felt fine i wasn't worried but now i feel like my heart turned into concrete, and this appointment is all i can think about. I know its probably nothing its just good to get it checked.
But im still on edge.

I also keep thinking how if it does need biopsying thats another wait for an appointment then another wait for results. I know to take it one step at a time but my mind is just screaming at me. If theres somethi g wromg then ill deak with it, uncertaincy just sucks.
You're awesome!

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,267 Wise Owl
    Glad to hear you've got the courage to make the appointment and get it checked out - it's better to be safe than sorry. Whilst the waiting can be nerve-wracking, remember that in the end, it's being checked and something can be done if needed. I hope everything turns out fine for you and it was nothing to worry about after all.

Sending hugs,
    Sinead :3
  • Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 885 Part of The Mix Family
    I managed to get an appointment today. Its all good which is a huge relief and big weight off my shoulders. I can think clearly again.
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    @SpaceOtter so glad to hear everything was okay in the end, it must be a huge relief. ❤️