Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the Month - May 2022

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,048 Boards Guru
Hi everyone,

We're back with a new Post of the Month for May!

Here are the nominations from last month. Have a read through the supportive posts and vote for who you think should win Post of the Month this month :)

1. Leaving college (@Maisy)
Maisy wrote:
Hi there,

College can definitely be stressful, and yet it's not always for everyone. It can often be difficult to work out if college is right for you.

It sounds like you've come far with your course and now feel that you made the wrong decision about leaving college. Is it possible to get back in touch with the college and let them know that you want to come back? If it's not been too much time, then they might be able to let you back on the course. Otherwise, you might have to wait until the next academic term starts to resume your course then or find another option. Hopefully, someone at college might be able to help you find out if you can re-join your course or if there are other options. Otherwise, is there a careers service local to you that you could contact? They might be able to offer support and advice too.

Before possibly thinking about going back to college, you might also want to consider what made you feel like leaving the course in the first place and what you and your tutors could do to help make sure that you don't get to the point of leaving again.

Hope this helps a bit <3

2. Friendships (@kaira_rubit)
@kaira_rubit wrote:
Hi @_Tech_Addict_Girl , thank you very much, it's very lovely to meet you too :smile:

That sounds very stressful, I'm very sorry for her actions. It may help to set healthy boundaries with your friend, though I know how difficult this may be. Communicating may help, so that you can talk about this issue and your feelings. I understand how daunting this can be - especially when you don't know what she's going to say or how she's going to react. It may help to write down what you want to say to her first, and then when you feel ready, you can say these words in front of her. If you're uncomfortable with face to face interaction, then alternatively, you can text her if you have her number.

It's understandable that you feel uncertain about wanting to be friends with that boy again. You mentioned that you feel like there's a lot of drama in your class. May I ask, do you feel uncertain because you feel like it would add to the drama in your class?

You don't have to answer this question if you don't feel comfortable with it <3

I hope everything gets better for you :smile:

3. Family problems (@Brooke)
@Brooke wrote:
Hey @Creativeboy23

It's perfectly okay to feel the way you feel at the moment towards your dad. Your feelings are completely valid. It sounds like you've been managing these feelings of anger and resentment for a while, I can imagine that being really exhausting and draining. You've shown incredible strength reaching out and sharing this with us today. It sounds really overwhelming to cope with being told you're not ready for a partner, how are you feeling about this?

Sending you so much love, we're all behind you every step of the way <3

4. I Never seem to be able to do anything right... (@Chloe224488)
@Chloe224488 wrote:
Hey @lucas1_g I understand how you feel, I've experienced something similar too. Like dandelion said perhaps it would be a good idea to sit down with your partner and just have an open conversation about how his comments have been making you feel and that it's starting to get to you as he may not realise this. You also suggested that this is a recent thing, it may be a good idea to talk to your partner about how he has been feeling recently as it could also be that he is feeling stressed at the moment and may be projecting that into these comments.

Thank you to everyone on the community for your wonderful support to each other. It makes a huge difference <3

You can vote below and remember to keep an eye out for posts to nominate this month. You can nominate a post by flagging it and then choosing 'Post of the Month nomination' as the reason.

Aife & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the Month - May 2022 5 votes

Maisy
20% 1 vote
Kaira_rubit
80% 4 votes
Brooke
0% 0 votes
Chloe224488
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,048 Boards Guru
    Thank you all for voting for this month's Post of the Month!

We're excited to announce that @kaira_rubit is our Post of the Month winner this month! We'll make sure to add a badge to your profile :)

A big thank you to everyone on the community for your continued support to each other! <3
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 474 Listening Ear
    @TheMix Aww omg thank you so so much! <3 I'm so grateful for this, this is so lovely! Well done to all of the nominees! Sending all my love and support to everyone :smile:
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )