Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Family Problems

Creativeboy23Creativeboy23 Posts: 186 Helping Hand
edited May 2022 in Home, Law & Money
Hello all.

Today, I have been feeling resentment towards my dad again for not treating me nicely in the past and often continuing this behaviour to this day. I think it is unfair that I have to pick up all the pieces and am told what I should, but he does not have to do anything. Then, my brother picked on me for no reason, asking why I am acting so strange because I was angry when he was asking me questions. This ended up getting on top of my previous emotions and affecting me when I was out with a friend. When I saw attractive girl outside, I was having memories of my dad telling me I am not ready for a partner whenever I was upset.

Comments

• LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Hello.

I am feeling resentment towards my dad again for not treating me nicely in the past and often continuing this behaviour to this day. I think it is unfair that I have to pick up all the pieces and am told what I should, but he does not have to do anything. Then, my brother picked on me for no reason, asking why I am acting so strange, which ended getting on top of my previous emotions.

Hey @Creativeboy23

I am sorry to hear you are being mistreated by your dad and your brother picking on you. You don't deserve that, and I'm so sorry.

Can I ask, how long has this been going on for? You do not need this, and I am sorry you have to be treated with disrespect, especially when you deserve kindness.

Have you told anyone about how they are mistreating you? As, you deserve to be hear and listened to, have you heard of Chlidline? It's a website for young people who re struggling, and just need to offload.

I am so sorry you are being told what to do, and that your having to do everything, I know it's hard but have you told your dad how you feel? You could write down what you feel, and rip them up, and of course you can talk to us here!

I am sending you all my love, because you deserve to be respected and cared for!

Have you told a councelor about how your dad and brother are just being mean to you and that you feel like you got no one to talk to? You could also come onto the group chats at 8pm every day, there's a support chat for anyone who's needing someone to talk to and also, there is a webchat service on The Mix website, 4pm-11pm,

Hugs,

Leila
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Creativeboy23

It's perfectly okay to feel the way you feel at the moment towards your dad. Your feelings are completely valid. It sounds like you've been managing these feelings of anger and resentment for a while, I can imagine that being really exhausting and draining. You've shown incredible strength reaching out and sharing this with us today. It sounds really overwhelming to cope with being told you're not ready for a partner, how are you feeling about this?

Sending you so much love, we're all behind you every step of the way <3
  • Creativeboy23Creativeboy23 Posts: 186 Helping Hand
    Hello @Leila .

This has been going on for a while. Yes I have heard of Childline, but I am passed the age limit. Thanks for sharing it with me though.

No. I have not shared it with my dad because he will get defensive and play the victim.

I have spoken to therapists about it, but it did not get taken very seriously. However, I have been referred to another counselling service. I am still in the referral process. I have been filling out this questionnaire, including this issue.

Thanks for your help.

Hugs to you too.

Hello @Leila .

This has been going on for a while. Yes I have heard of Childline, but I am passed the age limit. Thanks for sharing it with me though.

No. I have not shared it with my dad because he will get defensive and play the victim.

I have spoken to therapists about it, but it did not get taken very seriously. However, I have been referred to another counselling service. I am still in the referral process. I have been filling out this questionnaire, including this issue.

Thanks for your help.

Hugs to you too.

Aww im glad you've been referred, that'd a huge step to getting the right support, but I am still very sorry to hear they didn't take you seriously, 😢 you deserved to be treated like anyone else, and I am sorry!

I'm so very, sorry. If it ever got too much have you got anyone you could call for support? Like, is there any other family members that you could stay with? As, I don't want you being hurt, mentally or physically

Aww well done! I am here for you, sending you my love,

Leila xx
    Hello @Brookee.

Yes. It sure is really exhausting and draining.

I always cringe at the comment. It stays with me.

Thanks for your support. <3
  • lucas1_glucas1_g Posts: 15 Settling in
    Hello @Creativeboy23 .

Firstly I am glad you felt as if you can reach out, it is a good step! Secondly I very much relate to how you feel. Growing up my Dad always belittled me, made me feel bad and was not very nice at all and trust me I can understand why it gets to you so much. Just remember your feelings do matter and no one should make you feel bad for feeling them no matter who they are. What worked for me was simply time. Time heals and hopefully one day you and your dad will see eye to eye.

There are some things you could do for the time being-

Text 'Shout' to 85258

Speak to Childline (If you meet the age threshold)

Or contact 'KOOTH'

I do hope things start to improve for you in the future. Please keep us updated or contact us if you need someone to talk to, that's why we are here!
    Hello @lucas1_g.

Wise words. I will keep you updated.

Thanks for your help.

edited May 2022
    @Leila, I could not agree more. Yes, there is.

I am here for you too, if you go through any issues xx.
    @Leila, I could not agree more. Yes, there is.

I am here for you too, if you go through any issues xx.

I'm here for you, so brave for reaching out, we'll done! A lot of bravery you have, and that'd admirable so keep It up, your doing amazing!!! Xx

We got you, we are by your side every step of the way, because you deserve to be heard, supported and listened

xx
    @Leila I know. I will keep it up xx.
    @Leila I know. I will keep it up xx.

♡xx