Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Suspended from work again.

SienaSiena Posts: 15,673 Skive's The Limit
I was suspended for two months for ill mental health in December. Was getting paid and stuff.wasn’t discriminated against or anything and I understand that. I was constantly breaking down at work crying and saying concerning stuff and some points doing concerning stuff. But I don’t understand this one. They did warn me if I was suicidal I’ll be put on another suspension- I was suicidal at work once- just said I needed to go home. They asked why and I said cause suicidal and was fine. But tuesday I asked for a break when I wasn’t intitled to one. But I never came back from the break - they rang me to ask where I was and a police woman answered so yeah they was in a nice way annoyed that I didn’t reach out to them about how I felt and that I didn’t tell them I needed to leave not just for a break.

I have a call with the occupational doctor tomorrow I am very scared incase he will say I will never be fit to return to work now. Then I will definitely feel I’ve failed and have no purpose at all & stuck in house I don’t like
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,890 Legendary Poster
    I'm really sorry to hear this @Shaunie hopefully the appointment with the doctor goes well. Hugs <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,673 Skive's The Limit
    Thank you. I just had my call and the job is still open for me. I said I feel okay to go back but said atleast two weeks. So now I regret saying I feel I should go back as soon as possible cause shows I don’t know when to stop.

But the main thing is the job is still open to me which is so good. I really thought would be the end of it. They have been so good with me
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie I think you're bad ass for continuous resilience and ability to try your best. Trust me we can all see how hard you're trying and you should be so proud of yourself. Even if you need a break it doesn't mean that you've failed and if there's any consolation I took a few mental health breaks on this side of the year because shit gets hard. You're doing the best that you can and considering all the obstacles you've faced, girl you're doing well ❤️