Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Want to try a new hobby with me?

SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anybody do crochet?

Been seeing cute videos on tiktok of people making clothes toys and all sorts so I’m gunna try this on my week off.

Does anyone wanna join me in trying crochet? We could try a new hobby together!

look how cute this cardigan is

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdPFySjt/

And these cute toys

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdPFAET6/

Just brought this kit off of Amazon.

c61gn7o8jnb8.png
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    naominaomi Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    HEY!!!!! I started crocheting and I made a headband as my first project!!! I think it was too small for my head but I gave it to a friend as a gift. I only bought one ball of yarn when I started out so I am going to get some more from hobby craft. I find it so relaxing and a great way to pass time especially because I am off school now. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I am so far.
    PS @Dandelion your projects look so cool I am definitely feeling inspired! =)
  • Options
    @Dandelion I love them. So cute!

How did you learn to do the middle one?

And that’s cool @naomi

I’m finding crochet really hard. I think I put too much tension on it. I’m trying knitting aswell which I found easier. So far I’ve done this. Just practicing. Not making anything.

I want to make teddy a jumper.

I have done it very tight and thick

Do need to practice less
    owowm1n4a3yl.jpeg

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie i found crochet a lot harder than knitting at first too, I could never get my hands in the right place when crocheting lol you eventually get used to it though. I did the middle one by following a YouTube tutorial it was just a little blanket that I attached a rabbit toy to. I admit that one is probably the hardest one I’ve done but it was doable by watching the video.

A little knitted jumper for teddy is such a cute idea 🥺🥺

Also want to mention that wilko sell yarn at least the one by me does, it’s great they do quite a few colours and it’s pretty cheap
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I wanna join in too!
  • Options
    Ah really thanks. Ah funny you say Wilko cause I was in there ages trying to find wool and I just couldn’t find any or didn’t know where they’d put it

Salix! Try it. It’s quiet therapeutic and can make cute things like @Dandelion
    How long did it take to do them? Dandelion?
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie the little Apple only took me a couple of hours but the other two took me longer I can’t remember exactly but I did it over a few days. The timings probably aren’t that reliable though because I normally watch tv whilst doing it so I can get distracted lol
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Ah cute!

I did this last night while watching something on Netflix

gzo8mmzrmv31.jpeg

Im trying to make teddy a jumper and this will be chest part but i don’t know if I’ve done it too small