Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Struggling at the moment

2»

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Thank you so much @Liam you’re right. 

I actually spoke to mum as well today and she was actually paying attention so that was good. She thinks I should speak to the GP too.

I’ve just had enough of being like this all the time and I feel like I just can’t do anything else to help myself at the moment. I just have no energy whatsoever :( 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Just spoken to GP. She was really helpful, she’s one of the only people who I feel really understands me.

I’ve been prescribed mirtazapine because it can help sleep too. I just hope it helps. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    @independent_

Ahh brill, I’m so glad you have such an understanding GP😊

Fingers crossed those meds can help. How are you feeling now?
  • Options
    @Liam thank you, I’m really glad she’s understanding too it makes it so much easier.

I’m nervous about starting the meds but just hoping that they help. I can pick them up this afternoon so can start today so long as the chemist have them in stock. Apparently they have less side effects generally than sertraline - sertraline put me off trying another medication for months lol. 
  • Options
    Had my first tablet last night. Pleased to say I slept a lot better and as yet, no side effects except a weird tired and slightly spaced out feeling. Guessing that’s normal. 
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Yeah it's pretty normal for Mirtazapine to make you feel kinda tired, hopefully that wears off for you soon @independent_ . Feel free to keep us all updated with how you're doing I know everyone here is rooting for you! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you @Riley <3 having this thread has been great. 

I’ve got less tired as the day’s gone on, I was just glad I got a decent sleep. Have been feeling a bit dizzy but nothing serious and nothing like what I had with sertraline after a couple of days. 
  • Options
    Sorry to bump this again. But just it’s a helpful place to rant. 

I’m just feeling really low tonight. I hate being so sad. I just wish things were better. I’m getting on ok with the meds and my sleep is much better on them but obviously they take a few weeks to work and right now I just feel so down and could really do with a hug :( 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey Elle no need to apologise. Give this a bump whenever you need. We’re always happy to listen and I know getting things off my chest always helps me.

I wish I could give you a huge hug Elle  <3
    I don’t really have any advice I just wanted to say we’re all here for you and we all care about you so much. Always happy to listen  <3
  • Options
    Thank you @SpaceOtter <3 I appreciate that! I feel bad bumping it too many times but I think writing helps me too.