Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Affected

AnyaAnya Posts: 12 Settling in
Is anyone else affected by the stigma or people saying that us that hears "voices" is taking more seriously and we get help? What a ridiculous thought. I've been trying to get help for more that 8years. Doctors bang their heads on the tables not knowing what to do with us. It seems the opposite people who dont hear "voices" get more help than we do.

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    In an ideal world everyone would get the same amount of support and help but unfortunately that’s not the case.

They obviously triage to some extent but that’s not necessarily just for people to ‘hear voices’.

tbh, I don’t think it’s a battle, you know yourself whether you’re getting the support you need and deserve and it sounds like that’s not the case for you. I’m really sorry to hear that.

I know a few folk who are feeling let down by mental health services.

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi Anya, 

Sounds like you have been trying to get some help for a while now, but you feel the doctors don't really know how to support you. That sounds super frustrating - sending huge hugs your way :heart:

You really do deserve to feel supported, and I am so proud of you for trying for so long. That shows strength, courage and dedication to yourself and to your mental health, and that is really something to feel proud of. 

If you'd ever like to rant more about your feelings like this, or if you would other types of support from us, we will always be here to listen. We are all right here for you :heart:
  • Options
    Confirmed not a robot lol I'm definitely not a robot but I may have a robot inside of me.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey Anya just wanted to say it’s lovely to have you here on the boards, and it’s good to see you’re settling in. We’re always here if you ever need anything. Always happy to listen if you need to get things off your chest. Big hugs <3
  • Options
    ChloeChloe Deactivated Posts: 25 Boards Initiate
    Anya said:
    Is anyone else affected by the stigma or people saying that us that hears "voices" is taking more seriously and we get help? What a ridiculous thought. I've been trying to get help for more that 8years. Doctors bang their heads on the tables not knowing what to do with us. It seems the opposite people who dont hear "voices" get more help than we do.
    The system really is pushed to breaking point and it doesn't often managed to get the right kind of support to people at the right time - sounds like you've been in the position for the last 8 years @Anya! What are the next steps for you and what else do you think would be helpful for you right now?
  • Options
    Not having anything to do with mental health teams or doctors. Find longer term accommodation because I'm only in a safe house after having to flee domestic abuse but the licence here is only 6months. All without trying to succeed ending things permanently especially after the announcement tonight of another lockdown the evil spirits telling me to shred my stomach already. Think it will just have to be meds, sleep, when I wake up more meds, sleep, wake up, meds, sleep. So I'm basically asleep most of the time.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey anya I’m sorry I have no advice or anything  really to help. But if you ever need someone to talk to we’re always here to listen. You’re incredibly strong to keep going, we all believe in you.  We’re all here for you. Big hugs  <3
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    edited January 2021
    Anya said:
    I’m sorry if my post made you feel like this. 

We all have different experiences 
    everyone deserves the best support they need. Unfortunately that can be rare <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley