Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

therapy

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,990 Community Veteran
why is it only 8 weeks now, from mind, oxygen breath lied wen they sed they would extend it, at least i gt the weekly sessions. the w.c lasted for 40 weeks
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    hi @ellie2000

it can be frustrating when mental health services can't offer you more sessions. I wonder if you can ask them what additional support they can offer you once the 8 weeks are up? You deserve support :heart:
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    why does it take u to ask another person to send a msg on!!!!! wen the main one dont reply
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @ellie2000 would you like to explain more about this? it seems like you are quite frustrated?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i found out the 121 is only 8 weeks? can venting b done in group session tht is mostly learning too?
    what is 'mindfulness' about coz it was tireing? 
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @ellie2000

Sorry to hear about 121 being only 8 weeks, how are you doing today? 

We are here for you :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Mindfulness can feel tiring for some people :heart: In short, mindfulness is about becoming more 'present' (so not worrying too much about the past or future) and quietening the busy thoughts in your mind. You can do this in a number of ways, through meditation, yoga, breathing exercises etc. It's not for everyone though, so its okay if you felt quite tired from this :smile:
  • Options
    i need the 24th to come xmas yaaayyyyyy, its dragging. bad news i gotta go though another yr 2021
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Hi Ellie! I see you were excited for xmas. How was your Christmas Day? 

I hope 2021 is a better year for you, we will be right here for you :heart:
  • Options
    i had it on xmas eve, i had a zoom call with all my family, i had aalborg schnapps :) and duck n herring :) gdgd. and presents witch i was really eager to open xmas eve, i was told to wait till the evening. 25th i just slept :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    boaboa Moderator, Staff Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Hi Ellie,

Sorry, I am not sure about the context of your post but there are a number of mental health services around if you need additional support such as counselling provided by The Mix accessible via https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team/the-mix-counselling-service
    or Relate: https://www.relate.org.uk/relationship-help/help-children-and-young-people/children-and-young-peoples-counselling

Keep reaching out and speaking about what is on your mind - there is always support available  <3

• Options
    That sounds lovely Ellie! Glad to hear you were able to rest too :smile:
  • Options
    Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular
    Hi @ellie2000,

That sounds so lovely, echoing what has been said, a rest sounds fab!

I just wanted to share a bit about why only 8 sessions are offered as it is something we do here as well. There are many reasons, some key ones are funding and wanting to provide support to as many young people as possible, who might not necessarily have it available elsewhere.

The really good thing about short term therapy is that due to the limited time available, you have more of a say on what you want to focus on and talk about. You can learn tools on how to cope with those difficult situations and you learn more about how strong and resilient you are.

Boa has shared two really fab counselling services, one of which is ours - don't feel disheartened if it looks like there are no slots available right now, as the new year approaches, more counsellors will return from holidays and more young people can take up sessions.

You're super brave for sharing how you feel here and you do so clearly - it can always be hard when counselling is limited, but always know you are welcome to share how you are feeling and we will listen :)
  • Options
    I msg here it's a way to lift heavy loads, I don't trust ppl normally. Takes alot to trust someone and tlk about Wats on my mind n how I feel. Someone gave me 40 sessions b4 lockdown. Is there a service like tht who extends if need be?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Charlotte47Charlotte47 Deactivated Posts: 46 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000
    It is a really big step to reach out for counselling, I think its awesome that you are looking into in.  Do you have something booked in, even 8 sessions is a start and a first step to see if this is something that could work for you? Did you say that you were offered more sessions and now you don't have them? Could you try the 8 and see how they go? 

• Options
    i emailed mind, oxegen breath (rubbish), still waiting!!!
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Charlotte47Charlotte47 Deactivated Posts: 46 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000
     have you had a chance to look at The Mix Counselling page. https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team/the-mix-counselling-service?