Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sharing pictures

Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
@The Mix
I've become an aunt to a 2-day old beautiful baby girl and I was just wondering what the rules were in regards to sharing images?

Comments

• Options
    ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Hey Salix, 

Firstly - Massive Congrats on becoming an Aunt!! That's so exciting, you have a lot of great moments ahead of you. :) 

Thanks for checking this out, if you're not sure asking is totally the right thing to do. Our community guidelines around this say outside of pets and pictures of yourself (if comfortable) it's best not to share photos of others - this includes relatives and in particular relatives who are not yet old enough to make these decisions for themselves. 

Photos Guideline 
    It’s okay to share photos of yourself or your pets if you’re comfortable with that, but please don’t share photos of anybody else. Don’t forget that once you post something online, there's no way to stop somebody saving it.

I know this can be difficult, especially when you're a proud new Aunt (I would post pictures of my nieces and nephews everywhere if I could!). It's about protecting your beautiful new niece, and keeping in mind that this is a public forum, so anyone can view the post, not just our members. 

Does that clear things up? 

Once again, congrats! Enjoy being an Aunty :)

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Heyyy thank you for letting me know, this helped a lot 😊!