Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Night Owls

2»

Comments

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Spook98 have you tried meditation?
  • Options
    These are a few suggestions you can try 
    • Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends.
    • exercise regularly (but not too close to bedtime). 
    • If you don't fall asleep within 20 minutes of turning in (or if you wake up and can't fall back to sleep in 20 minutes), get out of bed and do something relaxing until you feel sleepy.
    • Keep a diary next to your bed so every time you are worried you can write your thoughts and feelings down and sort it out the next morning or write down the date when your going to sort the problem out.
    • You can also have worry time so your not allowed to worry unless its time to worry so you pick a time say 2.00 you worry about whatever and then after that time is up your not allowed to worry till your next worry time the next day so then after worry time is over you can relax and try not to worry about anything.
    • There is also a grounding technique where you use your five senses for example 3 things you can hear 3 things you can touch 3 things you feel  3 things you can smell 3 things you can see it doesn't have to be 3 things you can pick :)
    • I would also recommend The Nhs website it gives you some information and advice I will give you the link https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/ it is a great website I would suggest to have a look at :) there are videos on there to how to sleep better and etc. I hope you find this useful.
    • One more I forgot to mention is smiling minds an app to help relax.       
  • Options
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Thank you :) there was actually a lot there I hadn't heard of before and I'll be sure to look towards doing some of them to see what works for me. Fortunately I've been doing a little better recently after finally getting back on medication and back into counselling. Still have my off days / weeks but at least it's not constant anymore :p 
  • Options
    @Spook98 that's good
  • Options
    OcelotFaceOcelotFace Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
    hey. am i too late for this one :( 
    i tend to struggle a lot with sleep.... 
    @Emoji246
  • Options
    hey. am i too late for this one :( 
    i tend to struggle a lot with sleep....