Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Night Owls

_Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
Hey, Everyone, I thought I can do a discussion board for the people that struggle to go to sleep or just like staying up and can talk if they want who thinks this is a good idea  :)
You can talk about anything <3 
Make friends! =)<3

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,620 Legendary Poster
    Heyy!! I’m definitely a night owl aha, I tend to hang around online on the general chat thread at night lol. But I’m usually up late if you need a chat 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Definitely me :) love the idea of this thread, I'm sure itll help a lot of people
  • Options
    I'm glad it will help
    @Spook98
     :) 
  • Options
    It's been a while since I was last on the mix and I saw an old post of yours, is sleep something you often struggle with?
  • Options
     @Spook98 Yes now that I'm stressing a lot
  • Options
    So it started happening as part of anxiety? I can relate a lot to that if that the case, at least as of late. What's been stressing you out if you dont mind my asking?
  • Options
    Yes it's because of anxiety 
    alot of things has been stressing me out really friendship when coronavirus started I had high anxiety I have lost my appetite trouble sleeping overthink a lot  and that makes people drift from me and that really upsets me to be honest I feel like sometimes I'm the only one who overthinks things  
  • Options
  • Options
    It can feel that way for sure but you're not the only one who overthinks things. When we're low in mood our perception of things can become a little distorted, people might not be drifting from you as much as you believe. Have you tried talking to them about it? 

Yeah the physical symptoms can be really awful and it's something I was experiencing not long ago. Is it something you've ever thought about getting professional help with? 
  • Options
    Yes ive tried everything ive talked to him now I thought its best to leave it now if he doesn't respond I can't really do anything about it 
    Ye I have thought about professional help but my mom believes I don't need it and also physical symptoms I get chest pains lump in my throat feel sick sometimes and headaches 
  • Options
  • Options
    They're all symptoms of anxiety, and if it's affecting you this negatively I'd honestly say you might find it helpful. While your mom might think otherwise and even have good intentions. I think you should do what you think will be best for you, provided you're old enough. These tend to be things you can access via your school if that makes things easier. I know for a long time I didn't want my mum to know anything about what was going on, and I ended up having my first experiences with counselling with help from the heads of my sixth form.
  • Options
    @Spook98 I'm the same I don't want my mom to know she always wants to know every detail and she said you don't need a doctor she thinks I'm going to waste the doctors time that really hurt my feelings when she said that just all my family loves to know everything  :s
  • Options
    Agreed the gossip can make things really difficult, and I know first hand how hurtful the "attention seeking" accusations can be. In the end you just have to do what's best for you and what makes you feel comfortable. There are a few different services you can use in the meantime but maybe give some thought towards talking to people at school when you go back?
  • Options
     @Spook98 Yes I will speak to school when I go back also it's just that she won't allow me to ring the doctors on my own:s
  • Options
    I see :/ I forget how old you need to be before doctors no longer have to disclose information to your parents, perhaps that's something someone else can help clarify. In the meantime though do you have any services you use that help you feel a bit better? Apart from the mix?
  • Options
    What really dosen't make me happy is i'm 16 and you can phone yourself then :/  
  • Options
  • Options
    I see, were you worried about the call coming up on the phone bill? Or are you worried about getting to the appointment?
  • Options
    @Spook98 I'm worried about my Mom knowing 
  • Options
    I understand, and I hope it all starts working itself out soon :) there are always people on the mix to talk to and plenty of other options out there too - I can recommend a few if you like?
  • Options
    @Spook98 Ye sure  :)
  • Options
    @Spook98 Oh and by the way, if you ever need help or just someone to talk to you can always direct message me I understand what your going thru you don't have to face it on your own  <3 or you can message thru the message board whichever one 
  • Options
    Thecalmzone is one of my personal favourites, its aimed primarily at men but I believe its usable by both men and women of all ages - they have both a webchat and telephone service and I believe they're available from 5pm til midnight

Giveusashout is a 24/7 text service that I've found useful as somebody who's often awake late and struggling with things

The samaritans is another amazing service that offers 24/7 support over the telephone, in addition to an email service and an interesting self help app

Mind is a good informational source though I've not used it extensively 

As with all of these though, if you're ever feeling bad enough to the point where you cant cope anymore and are having serious self harm thoughts, you're always recommend to call the emergency services 

• Options
    @Spook98 ThankYou  :)
  • Options
    Of course, no problem at all, I hope you find them helpful :)
  • Options
    @Spook98 Do you struggle sleeping to?
  • Options
    Sometimes yes, and other times I sleep entirely too much. I've always been a terrible sleeper in that sense, and it's often very mood dependant. I will say in relation to what you mentioned before, I was getting next to no sleep when I felt at my most anxious. 2-3 hrs a night if at all. And I really empathise with how difficult it can be, it's very lonely and isolated being awake and low at these sorts of times.
  • Options
     @Spook98 See well you found someone that's going thru the same so you don't have to feel alone now :)