Home Health & Wellbeing
Fill out our Discussion Boards user survey for a chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!

Vegan & Vegetarian and all those in between...

Mel_Mel_ Posts: 174 Helping Hand
Just wanted to kind of make a thread to discuss some of our favourite things to cook/make if you're vegan/vegetarian and anything else in between?

Mine are:
Chickpea/gram flour tofu
Pasta with pesto!
sweet potato and mushroom polenta-its lovely its from the cookbook the green roasting tin...
Chickpea curry
and I've had fun spiralizing courgette to make different things with it lol.
Also smoothies with flax seeds and chia seeds for mornings...

Post your favourite things if you want too... hopefully this is allowed
coc0mac

Comments

  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 8,438 Legendary Poster
    edited August 6
    Vegan "cherizo" sausages from m&s with mash

    Sweet potato, chickpea and spinach curry

    The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

    Astrid Alauda

  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 174 Helping Hand
    GreenTea said:
    Vegan "cherizo" sausages from m&s with mash

    Sweet potato, chickpea and spinach curry
    ohh the 'cherizo' sausages sound good, I've not looked in m&s for veggie stuff yet
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 8,438 Legendary Poster
    Mellyy99 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Vegan "cherizo" sausages from m&s with mash

    Sweet potato, chickpea and spinach curry
    ohh the 'cherizo' sausages sound good, I've not looked in m&s for veggie stuff yet


    They have a really good range called plant kitchen. It's my favourite range :) really yummy ready meals, BBQ stuff, pizzas, puddings

    The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

    Astrid Alauda

  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 174 Helping Hand
    GreenTea said:
    Mellyy99 said:
    GreenTea said:
    Vegan "cherizo" sausages from m&s with mash

    Sweet potato, chickpea and spinach curry
    ohh the 'cherizo' sausages sound good, I've not looked in m&s for veggie stuff yet


    They have a really good range called plant kitchen. It's my favourite range :) really yummy ready meals, BBQ stuff, pizzas, puddings
    Oh really sounds good, I've heard of them just not those sausages haha, I make things more so than anything but plant based sausages are good, especially richmonds!
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 8,438 Legendary Poster
    Fair enough!

    I use qourn to make like spagbol

    The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

    Astrid Alauda

  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 174 Helping Hand
    GreenTea said:
    Fair enough!

    I use qourn to make like spagbol
    yess! i use quorn for mince also :)
  • anonymous334anonymous334 Posts: 10 Settling in
    heya!
    i really love sort of "sushi" bowls, like rice, avocado, edemame (frozen from tescos, u just steam them!) and u can add quorn pieces, egg, tofu, or anything really! quick and easy :)
    or soup noodles, (add a bit of ginger to the broth, its amaze)  I like mine w mushrooms, beansprouts, spinach, and again u can add eg but ofc that's not vegan 😭
    also spicy bean burgers hehe
    im gonna try some of your meals, they sound yummy 🤩🤩 xxx
    Mel_
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 174 Helping Hand
    heya!
    i really love sort of "sushi" bowls, like rice, avocado, edemame (frozen from tescos, u just steam them!) and u can add quorn pieces, egg, tofu, or anything really! quick and easy :)
    or soup noodles, (add a bit of ginger to the broth, its amaze)  I like mine w mushrooms, beansprouts, spinach, and again u can add eg but ofc that's not vegan 😭
    also spicy bean burgers hehe
    im gonna try some of your meals, they sound yummy 🤩🤩 xxx
    Ahh sounds lovely! I've not tried edamame yet...hasn't appealed to me but I shall try it at some point haha. Yes, spicy bean burgers are yummy.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 8,438 Legendary Poster
     Asda is providing pizza for £1.50 for those quick and lazy meals

    The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

    Astrid Alauda

    Distraction
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 174 Helping Hand
    GreenTea said:
     Asda is providing pizza for £1.50 for those quick and lazy meals
    ahhh I've not seen these, they look really good 
  • ToniToni Posts: 39 The Mix Staff
    Have you seen the vegan Goodfella's jackfruit pizza. It's so yummy! Also yes to veganism! 

    I think my fave reciepes largely come from the Bosh quick means, like their ramen and Sticky Shiitake dish. 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 8,438 Legendary Poster
    Toni said:
    Have you seen the vegan Goodfella's jackfruit pizza. It's so yummy! Also yes to veganism! 

    I think my fave reciepes largely come from the Bosh quick means, like their ramen and Sticky Shiitake dish. 


    My housemates eat the vegan goodfellas jackfruit pizza all the time! 
    They don't have it in Asda though! It smells yummy! Might ask them to buy me one

    The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

    Astrid Alauda

  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 199 Super Moderator
    Yeah the vegan jackfruit stuffed crust is pizza is dreamy! 
    For different meals I like different things, e.g.
    - Breakfast = overnight oats, including granola (GF) muesli (GF), oats, pumpkin seeds, peanut butter, banana, cashew nuts, thawed frozen berries and oat milk
    - Lunch = houmous, falafel, cucumber, tomatoes, spinach, sun-dried tomato, avocado, olives and maybe a drizzle of balsam vinegar :) 
    - Dinner = There are loads of good recipes that you can turn vegan at this link: https://www.feastingathome.com/15-cozy-fall-dinners-vegetarian

    Love this thread so let's keep it going! 

    P.s. I also love the Fry's vegan chicken nuggets, they're so yummy 😍
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 174 Helping Hand
    JamJar said:
    Yeah the vegan jackfruit stuffed crust is pizza is dreamy! 
    For different meals I like different things, e.g.
    - Breakfast = overnight oats, including granola (GF) muesli (GF), oats, pumpkin seeds, peanut butter, banana, cashew nuts, thawed frozen berries and oat milk
    - Lunch = houmous, falafel, cucumber, tomatoes, spinach, sun-dried tomato, avocado, olives and maybe a drizzle of balsam vinegar :) 
    - Dinner = There are loads of good recipes that you can turn vegan at this link: https://www.feastingathome.com/15-cozy-fall-dinners-vegetarian

    Love this thread so let's keep it going! 

    P.s. I also love the Fry's vegan chicken nuggets, they're so yummy 😍
    ahh I've been trying to find some good 'chicken nuggets' where did you get them from? I used to be obsessed with normal ones lol
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 8,438 Legendary Poster
    Has anyone had the nomo chocolate bars?

    The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

    Astrid Alauda

  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 531 Incredible Poster
    I love nomo @GreenTea! A lil bit expensive for the size of them but good, reminds me a bit of galaxy chocolate 
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 Moderator
    I struggle finding good vegan chocolate bars that aren't crazily priced, any recommendations? 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 8,438 Legendary Poster
    Most ones I find are so expensive. 

    The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

    Astrid Alauda

Sign In or Register to comment.