Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Vegan & Vegetarian and all those in between...

Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
Just wanted to kind of make a thread to discuss some of our favourite things to cook/make if you're vegan/vegetarian and anything else in between?

Mine are:
Chickpea/gram flour tofu
Pasta with pesto!
sweet potato and mushroom polenta-its lovely its from the cookbook the green roasting tin...
Chickpea curry
and I've had fun spiralizing courgette to make different things with it lol.
Also smoothies with flax seeds and chia seeds for mornings...

Post your favourite things if you want too... hopefully this is allowed

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited August 2020
    Vegan "cherizo" sausages from m&s with mash

Sweet potato, chickpea and spinach curry
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    GreenTea said:

ohh the 'cherizo' sausages sound good, I've not looked in m&s for veggie stuff yet
    Mellyy99 said:
    GreenTea said:

ohh the 'cherizo' sausages sound good, I've not looked in m&s for veggie stuff yet

They have a really good range called plant kitchen. It's my favourite range :) really yummy ready meals, BBQ stuff, pizzas, puddings
    GreenTea said:
    Mellyy99 said:
    GreenTea said:

They have a really good range called plant kitchen. It's my favourite range :) really yummy ready meals, BBQ stuff, pizzas, puddings
    Oh really sounds good, I've heard of them just not those sausages haha, I make things more so than anything but plant based sausages are good, especially richmonds!
    Fair enough!

I use qourn to make like spagbol
    GreenTea said:
    Fair enough!

I use qourn to make like spagbol
    yess! i use quorn for mince also :)
  • anonymous334anonymous334 Posts: 10 Settling in
    heya!
    i really love sort of "sushi" bowls, like rice, avocado, edemame (frozen from tescos, u just steam them!) and u can add quorn pieces, egg, tofu, or anything really! quick and easy :)
    or soup noodles, (add a bit of ginger to the broth, its amaze)  I like mine w mushrooms, beansprouts, spinach, and again u can add eg but ofc that's not vegan 😭
    also spicy bean burgers hehe
    im gonna try some of your meals, they sound yummy 🤩🤩 xxx
    heya!
    i really love sort of "sushi" bowls, like rice, avocado, edemame (frozen from tescos, u just steam them!) and u can add quorn pieces, egg, tofu, or anything really! quick and easy :)
    or soup noodles, (add a bit of ginger to the broth, its amaze)  I like mine w mushrooms, beansprouts, spinach, and again u can add eg but ofc that's not vegan 😭
    also spicy bean burgers hehe
    im gonna try some of your meals, they sound yummy 🤩🤩 xxx
    Ahh sounds lovely! I've not tried edamame yet...hasn't appealed to me but I shall try it at some point haha. Yes, spicy bean burgers are yummy.
     Asda is providing pizza for £1.50 for those quick and lazy meals
    GreenTea said:
     Asda is providing pizza for £1.50 for those quick and lazy meals
    ahhh I've not seen these, they look really good 
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
    Have you seen the vegan Goodfella's jackfruit pizza. It's so yummy! Also yes to veganism! 

I think my fave reciepes largely come from the Bosh quick means, like their ramen and Sticky Shiitake dish. 
    Toni said:
    Have you seen the vegan Goodfella's jackfruit pizza. It's so yummy! Also yes to veganism! 

I think my fave reciepes largely come from the Bosh quick means, like their ramen and Sticky Shiitake dish. 

My housemates eat the vegan goodfellas jackfruit pizza all the time! 
    They don't have it in Asda though! It smells yummy! Might ask them to buy me one
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Yeah the vegan jackfruit stuffed crust is pizza is dreamy! 
    For different meals I like different things, e.g.
    - Breakfast = overnight oats, including granola (GF) muesli (GF), oats, pumpkin seeds, peanut butter, banana, cashew nuts, thawed frozen berries and oat milk
    - Lunch = houmous, falafel, cucumber, tomatoes, spinach, sun-dried tomato, avocado, olives and maybe a drizzle of balsam vinegar :) 
    - Dinner = There are loads of good recipes that you can turn vegan at this link: https://www.feastingathome.com/15-cozy-fall-dinners-vegetarian

Love this thread so let's keep it going! 

P.s. I also love the Fry's vegan chicken nuggets, they're so yummy 😍
    JamJar said:
    Yeah the vegan jackfruit stuffed crust is pizza is dreamy! 
    For different meals I like different things, e.g.
    - Breakfast = overnight oats, including granola (GF) muesli (GF), oats, pumpkin seeds, peanut butter, banana, cashew nuts, thawed frozen berries and oat milk
    - Lunch = houmous, falafel, cucumber, tomatoes, spinach, sun-dried tomato, avocado, olives and maybe a drizzle of balsam vinegar :) 
    - Dinner = There are loads of good recipes that you can turn vegan at this link: https://www.feastingathome.com/15-cozy-fall-dinners-vegetarian

Love this thread so let's keep it going! 

P.s. I also love the Fry's vegan chicken nuggets, they're so yummy 😍
    ahh I've been trying to find some good 'chicken nuggets' where did you get them from? I used to be obsessed with normal ones lol
    Has anyone had the nomo chocolate bars?
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    I love nomo @GreenTea! A lil bit expensive for the size of them but good, reminds me a bit of galaxy chocolate 
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I struggle finding good vegan chocolate bars that aren't crazily priced, any recommendations? 
    Most ones I find are so expensive.