Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Morning @Dandelion @Sunbathequeen

I'm alright I suppose, need to force myself to make some phone calls. Need to make a doctors appointment, research some group and volunteering stuff, renew my gym membership and look into a local Jiu Jitsu gym. But ahh I hate phone calls.

How about you guys? How you feelin' this morning?
  • LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    edited September 18
    Hi, my sister is still in hospital ah :( But, she's okay how are you @Past User ? Yeah I need to go to the gym too not going to lie, any plans for today?
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    edited September 18
    Ah I feel the same about making phone calls @Past User, but it's never as bad as I think it'll be. I'm doing alright thanks, trying to do a bit of uni work this morning, but am getting a bit distracted lol

Im glad your sister doing okay @Sunbathequeen
    Post edited by TheMix on
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Seems like an ordeal :o but I guess it'll be over soon and you'll have a niece or nephew! Eh, a bit anxious and low, but I get kinda tired of complaining about it tbh. A low period I guess and I'm just tryna keep occupied, doing things and talking to people so it doesn't get worse. The motivation is a struggle though and my instinct is always to get in bed and pretend other people don't exist :D
    Ohhh no I hope we're not the ones distracting you :p You're right to be fair, I've booked the doctors appointment but the wait is so long. Gym is fine too but I need to check with my friends if they're still going a few times a week. The other stuff with the volunteering and Jiu Jitsu is a bit more daunting because I'll have to meet new people.

Well either way you're doing better than I ever did with work, I never got things done on time. Do you have anything to look forward to at the weekend?
    The presentation I have to do is rubbish, I have tried talking to my tutor but he is being rude and ignoring what I am trying to do, so I am thinking I should put a complaint in about him to see if he will listen, LOL

Yeah, I am going to the gym tonight cba to stay in
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    Ohhh no I hope we're not the ones distracting you :p You're right to be fair, I've booked the doctors appointment but the wait is so long. Gym is fine too but I need to check with my friends if they're still going a few times a week. The other stuff with the volunteering and Jiu Jitsu is a bit more daunting because I'll have to meet new people.

Well either way you're doing better than I ever did with work, I never got things done on time. Do you have anything to look forward to at the weekend?

Nah my phone is distracting me :lol: Thats good you've sorted some of them already. I hate ringing the doctors I meant to ring them like a month ago to discuss my blood test results but I couldn't be bothered whoops :lol: Jiu jitsu sounds really cool though, have you done it before?
    Just have more work to look forward to unfortunately, I might treat myself to a dominoes for tea on saturday though.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Well that sucks @Sunbathequeen I'm sorry that the conversation didn't go well, I'm not sure if you're in college or? If so there may be a head of the college that you can take the problem to. We had something similar at my sixth form.

Fair enough, hope you have a good time. Do you go with anybody or on your own?
    The presentation I have to do is rubbish, I have tried talking to my tutor but he is being rude and ignoring what I am trying to do, so I am thinking I should put a complaint in about him to see if he will listen, LOL

Aw that sounds frustrating, what is your presentation on? is the the topic that's rubbish?
    my puppy is really annoying me lol.
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    Well that sucks @Sunbathequeen I'm sorry that the conversation didn't go well, I'm not sure if you're in college or? If so there may be a head of the college that you can take the problem to. We had something similar at my sixth form.

Fair enough, hope you have a good time. Do you go with anybody or on your own?

My best friend I go with! I finish college well my course In June
    Dandelion wrote: »

Aw that sounds frustrating, what is your presentation on? is the the topic that's rubbish?

It's on everything what I have done in the past two years for my course, It's not the topic that's rubbish it's the way he's ignoring me and he's my tutor
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    Oh wow that sounds really tough @Sunbathequeen and that's really annoying that your tutor is ignoring you, like @Past User said is there anyone else you can speak to about it?
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited September 18
    Oh wow that sounds really tough @Sunbathequeen and that's really annoying that your tutor is ignoring you, like @Past User said is there anyone else you can speak to about it?

I think I will talk to the head of department as they can maybe support me, thank you! how are you
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Yeah that sounds like a good idea, im okay thanks trying to decide what I want for tea tonight I was going to make risotto but I've decided I don't want that now lol
    Ah! I might have, Roast chicken in a wrap with rice and salad and Mayonnaise might go see my sister too!
    ooh that sounds nice, has your sister had the baby yet?
    she is waiting on her blood tests, she hasn't had the baby no, she isn't getting contractions
    Ah, well I hope she's doing okay x
    I got to go feed the dog, and do the washing because my mum is moaning at me, Lol! talk later <3
    Ah, well I hope she's doing okay x

thank youuu <3 x
    see you later!
    Oh wow people who can cook :D what are you gonna do instead Dandelion? I think I might either order something or make some absurdly spicy noodles, but really I should make some effort and try to make something new lol
    I have no idea, knowing me I'll just end up having risotto even though I don't want it lol, my food shop doesn't come until tomorrow so I'll just have to make do with what I've got. Spicy noodles sounds nice, so does ordering something in as well lol. I don't like making anything new either that's why I'm always struggling with ideas of what to eat lol
    Fair enough, I'm sure you'll think of something. I know when I lived away from home I just had chicken nuggets every day lol, honestly risotto woulda been amazing XD

I have to be in the right mood and prepared for pain to actually eat these noodles. Usually quite cathartic to eat when I have a cold, helps to sweat it all out. Have a shower afterwards and feel like a new person. :p
    Ooh blimey they do sound spicy
    Well I really like spicy food and I'm always tryna improve my tolerance. Mum had a lot of Indian friends when I was growing up so I was always eating different curries at her work meals :p

How's the uni work going?
    I like spicy food, but not that spicy lol I can't deal when it's making my lips hurt

Eh it's okay, I have a lecture at 1. I'm trying to write a presentation on a treatment option for Alzheimer's disease but because it's not actually published it's taking a lot of reading to try and understand it which is annoying.
    I'd be interested to hear your thoughts given what Alzheimer's is, how difficult it is to treat, and how awful it can be.

I'm guessing the difficulty with your research is because the information is sparse and it's difficult to find reputable sources?
    Yeah the research I'm looking at is treatment that affects the immune system, it's really promising as it may be able to stop the disease progression rather than just reducing symptoms like current treatment, but unfortunately it's a little while off from being developed at the minute.

Yeah definitely I need to talk about why the treatment approach I'm looking at is better than others but it's hard as the treatment hasn't actually been developed yet.
    Is it mostly theoretical at the moment? And have you found much that will support your argument that it's better than other options yet? Obviously I don't understand the process behind developing those sorts of things but my mind goes to a couple of different things. Is the process itself applicable to any other diseases and if so has it had a positive effect? Is the theory behind why it would work sound? Have there been any tests that have seen promising results? Are there any risks involved? Etc Etc.

I ask these questions knowing they might be stupid, because I often found that explaining something to someone else helped me understand it more :D