Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Now to restart the mission of do not lie on the side of the vaccine arm

Ooo careful! How you feeling?

Absolutely fine other than the arm lol, the arm is something else

Oh dear!
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Is it broken @independent_
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    Nope not to worry @Durhamjaide just sore from second covid vaccine
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Who heard the stuff on the news about Geronimo the alpaca? 💔
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I mean..it was going to happen. TB can be so dangerous and spreads between animals and sometimes humans..
    You can't have one rule for one person and another rule for everyone else.. this happens and there's disease laws around it.
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Yeah, but that doesn't make it less sad, I don't really know anything about the alpaca but even if things happen for a reason or were bound to happen we can still be upset about it
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    BRUM BRUM ZOOM ZOOM I PASSED MY TEST

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Apollo wrote: »
    Yeah, but that doesn't make it less sad, I don't really know anything about the alpaca but even if things happen for a reason or were bound to happen we can still be upset about it

I'm not saying it's not sad. It is sad..but it happens a lot.. why this one case all over the news. You don't see the sheep and cows with TB making the news
  • Options
    Why am I so tired all the timee
  • Options
    @independent_ hows your arm feeling?
  • Options

Still pretty sore but had some paracetamol and sure it’ll be better by tomorrow aha
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

Still pretty sore but had some paracetamol and sure it’ll be better by tomorrow aha

Make sure you are moving it around
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Evening
  • Options
    @GreenTea yeah, trying to keep it moving but idk if watching dinner date counts as moving lol

Hey @Supernova how are you?
  • Options
    Hey @independent_ I could be better. How about you? :)
  • Options
    @Supernova me too tbh, I’m very tired. Just watching long lost family. I was going to watch Netflix but the internet wasn’t working so I had to watch ordinary TV lol.
  • Options
    Hello @Supernova
  • Options
    Hey @GreenTea how are you?

Fair enough @independent_ How is your sleep atm?
  • Options
    It’s not awful to be fair @Supernova I’m trying not to nap during the day so can be more tired at night, with varying success rates. Idk why but today I’m just exhausted and pretty much everything (especially my arm lol) hurts so I’m going to watch TV in bed and try for an early (ish) night.

How has yours been? I know you weren’t getting much sleep a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Well I hope you managed it @independent_

As you can tell, my sleep is kinda shit atm :D
  • Options
    Hello
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Going to London tomorrow on last minute trip 😬
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2021
    Apollo wrote: »
    Some of the people here have been here forever. There's a guy called Skive with his own special role who's been here like 20 years apparently.
    The role is called "Skive's The Limit" which I think is genius

Just seen this.:)

Yes I have been here forever. (Well sinve May 2001). I joined when I was 19 and last month I turned 40 ffs :(

I know lots about this place and have many stories to tell. Before Facebook, instagram and Twitter, discussion boards such as this this were how we communicated. It was all a new thing back then, and it was lively. Very lively.

We would get drunk and chat all night. We would flirt, we would argue (a lot), we posted naked pictures of ourselves, we would sometimes have meet ups and get drunk then too. A few posters married each other, some got divorced. Quite a few had babies, some went to prison and a couple sadly died. It used to be a social hangout and we would occasionaly help people with some advice. It's now much more geared towards helping people - which is probably a good thing. But I do miss how it used to be.

Because I grew up with this palce. It, and my fellow memebers contributed quite a bit towards the person I am today and the views I hold. Now I'm 40 I feel somewhat out of touch with much of the content and members here. I still feel I can be useful in the drugs forum, and I still like a debate in politics, but I mostly give the other forums a swerve. As a 40 year old father of two, nobody wants to see me commenting in the sex forum. :)

When I signed up for TheSite (which is what this place used to be called) I was nothing more than a kid. The community helped me when I got in trouble with the law in 2001, it helped me out when my mother died in 2005, it helped when I was stabbed in fight in 2008, when I became a father in 2014, and throughout I met some amazing people all a long the way. I hope this place is as good and rewarding for you as it has been to me.

I dont come here much anymore because I dont know anybody. When I do its usally because I've been drinkign and i want to feel the nostalgia. Im just happy this place is still here and doing some good,

And for those that are interested this is what the place looked like in 2002

https://web.archive.org/web/20030523065204/http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    @summerxo21 hello this is the thread I’m talking about
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular

ooh okay
  • Options

seems cool what ya drinking
  • Options
    summerxo21 wrote: »

ooh okay

So you said you’re having a drink, what you having?
  • Options
    summerxo21 wrote: »

ooh okay

So you said you’re having a drink, what you having?

raspberry and remie
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Aha, I’m drinking Rosé and I’m going to open some magic stars chocolate
  • Options
    Aha, I’m drinking Rosé and I’m going to open some magic stars chocolate

nice i got dominoes