Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    @Starlight same this thread is probably a lot of my posts. It’s amazing 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    @independent_ yep aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello everyone hope you're all ok tonight 

@GreenTea aww sweet of you to think of me! I'm alright just getting through each day one by one. How are you? I hope things are a bit better 

Sorry was playing a game and then slipped into a negative state so went to bed.
    I'm really struggling at the moment. I feel like I'm really having to force myself to keep pushing forward.
    I'm a week self harm free though. So many times this week I've had to fight through how I felt.. kinda proud of myself
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    Spending the day doing work training ughhhh 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Goooooood Morning lovelies!
  • Options
    Spending the day doing work training ughhhh 

Hope it flies by! Training days drag!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Also happy world mental health day!

What one thing will you do today to improve your mental health?

I'm going to do some tasks that I've assigned myself and paint my nails ;D
  • Options
    @Starlight hey you! Not seen you around for a while! How are you doing? Xx
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 good morning!

Great thing to ask!
    Today I have a date this afternoon and then meeting a friend for some chill time! Will get me out the house. I get into such a bad habit of isolating myself from friends!
  • Options
    Currently doing my hair while watching white chicks 🙈 it's been a long time since I saw this film
  • Options
    Good morning everyone!! <3

@GreenTea that’s fantastic that you’re a week self harm free!! I’m really proud of you, I know how tough it is. 

@Salix_alba_2019 oooh that’s a good question!! I’m not sure but might go for a walk to get out of the house lol 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTea said:

Great thing to ask!
    Today I have a date this afternoon and then meeting a friend for some chill time! Will get me out the house. I get into such a bad habit of isolating myself from friends!
    That sounds lovely

I hope that you have a wonderful evening, I'm deffo an advocate for having social time to shake things up a bit ;D And remember, even though every day might not be a good day, there's always something good in every day!

...I stole that quote lmao
  • Options
    GreenTea said:

Great thing to ask!
    That sounds lovely

I hope that you have a wonderful evening, I'm deffo an advocate for having social time to shake things up a bit ;D And remember, even though every day might not be a good day, there's always something good in every day!

...I stole that quote lmao

Thank you! 
    I tend to neglect myself of social time, I keep having to remind myself that actually, going out with friends will make me feel somewhat better than sitting home on my own doing nothing! 
  • Options
    @independent_ thank you!!

How are you?
  • Options
    @GreenTea I’m not too bad thanks :)

I hope you have a great day with your friends, I find that as well I neglect going out but when I do (and that’s so occasional as I don’t have a lot of friends haha) I feel a bit better as well. 
  • Options
    @independent_ A walk sounds lovely too!

It doesn't matter how big or small the action is, it's always worthwhile when it comes to nurturing your mental health. Maybe you could squeeze in your favourite songs during your walk or listen to you a positive podcast, feed some ducks or birds too

You're absolutely deserving and worthy of some kindness, always ;)
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Good morning everyone 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Hiya @GreenTea I’ve been pretty good the past few months. Not so much now but not doing horribly just struggling a little. I’ve missed coming on here though, I’ve just been so busy. Aha. Hope your alright <3

• Options
    Today I’m not even going to go on social media as much as I do - every year people talk about mental health for this day and it’s accepted snd then Tommrow it will go back it being massively stigmatised and that’s not far lol 

I have no choice but to do the training @GreenTea got a angry letter form head office for not completing my online training 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Aww @Salix_alba_2019 thank you they sound like nice ideas. I love music a lot I’ve always got music on everywhere haha.

Good morning @Anch0r33 how are you?
  • Options
    @Millie2787 I agree about social media today. That’s the trouble with all these specific awareness days some people only recognise it’s a thing for the one day when actually people have to deal with it every single day of their lives. 
  • Options
    @independent_ I'm doing alright. My emotions have been very much all over the place because of last night. 

I think I'm feeling a bit more positive now but still feeling very open and raw. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    How is everyone? 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Alright thanks @Anch0r33 wee bit stressed, still feeling a little overwhelmed but should be able to meet up with one of my friends today which I need. 

Seen your comment above hope your doing a bit better soon! Sending hugs <3

• Options
    @independent_ I get the importance  of awareness days but as soon as the day or week is over it goes back to be massively stigmatised and as for funding that’s what is truly needed is funding and not for people to be pushed to pillar to post especially right now 
  • Options
    @Anch0r33 sending big hugs <3 I’m always here if you need a chat about it all. 
  • Options
    @Starlight glad to hear you'll hopefully get to meet up with your friends. Social interaction is so important especially during these times! Hopefully it helps you feel less overwhelmed. 

Thank you! I've had lots of support which is amazing <
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Thanks @independent_ I appreciate that ❤️ I think it was just a lot to take in at one go. But it's definitely cleared the air and hopefully is on the path to better things. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    I know I’m extremely lucky to be in an area not currently under strict rules/ in lockdown but I still feel so isolated and lonely, especially seeing others I’d consider to be my “friends” go out and not invite me and I only find out through Instagram and Snapchat that hurts a little.

• Options
    Starlight said:
    I know I’m extremely lucky to be in an area not currently under strict rules/ in lockdown but I still feel so isolated and lonely, especially seeing others I’d consider to be my “friends” go out and not invite me and I only find out through Instagram and Snapchat that hurts a little.
    Honestly it's horrible when friends do that. 

Just because you may have lesser lockdown restrictions doesn't mean your feelings aren't valid. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `