Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Heyy
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    Heyyyy @GreenTea how are you??
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I'm alright. How are you?
  • Options
    Im doing ok thanks @GreenTea, just listening to music as usual lol (im so predictable).

what season of Grey's are you on now aha? 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I haven't watched it in a while actually lol still on season 8.

Just trying to get myself a government face covering exempt card

• Options
    @GreenTea are they easy to get hold of? I don't know if they do them up here in Scotland.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited July 2020
    Got an itchy ear, keeping me awake 😆
  • Options
    Yep lol more official than the sunflower lanyard too.
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited July 2020
    Aw Liam mines me throat 😂

I've ordered one online greentea not sure if government do any x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    @Liam there's nothing worse!! hope it stops itching soon aha!
  • Options
    Laine said:
    Aw Liam mines me throat 😂

I've ordered one online greentea not sure if government do any x

They do it's on the gov website. Worth getting because you basically put it on your phone or wear it as a badge etc
  • Options
    I think if you can’t wear a mask here you’ve gotta wear a spit guard lol
  • Options
    Although I technically fall into a category which could be exempt in some situations it wouldn't be right for me so I haven't looked at them. I hope you get hold of one soon @GreenTea it's good that there isn't a huge process to get through to get hold of one 
  • Options
    Anything in my face causes me such bad anxiety.. even my hair In my face is uncomfortable.. I always have it up
  • Options
    Hope you manage to get it sorted pal, what a nightmare x
  • Options
    @Liam how's the compliance been round where you are? Most people are wearing them down here.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Like I do try but can't for long period of time. I literally cut the back of my ear, ripping a mask off my face yesterday In utter panic
  • Options
    Yeah @independent_ folk are wearing either masks or spit guards here. Lots of tourists I noticed this week which is daft because most things are still closed where I am haha
  • Options
    @GreenTea aww that must be horrible, your situation is a very good example of why members of the public shouldn't question or have a go at others for not wearing them. That's up to the police who would likely be more understanding than some of the horrible people I've heard about that make it a point to berate others for not wearing them. 
  • Options
    Honestly the amount of Verbal abuse that happens and seeing people whining about people not wearing a mask really upsets me. It's really not easy for some of us at all. Hopefully with a government card I can just flash it and hope for the best 
  • Options
    @Liam aha yeah there's been a few here too, but we aren't really a touristy type area down here. The beach was absolutely completely and utterly packed when I went on Tuesday though. 

I managed to get a big box of 50 face masks from my local independent chemist for about £20, so that wasn't too bad. They're surprisingly ok to wear. 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'll have a look now on the website thanks!
    Will also be great for my mam she's worried she can't go shopping now 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    There's lots of cool ones on Etsy that you can wash and re use 
  • Options
    @GreenTea aw yeah I bet it's upsetting, hopefully the card works well. Some people have nothing better to do it's so horrible 
  • Options
    Laine said:
    I'll have a look now on the website thanks!
    Will also be great for my mam she's worried she can't go shopping now 

All you do is download it or print it. It's really simple. Hope it helps
  • Options
    @independent_ I’m wearing the disposable ones. They have a thin strap which is good because I had my ears stitched back when I were wee because they stuck out🤣 so there’s not much of a gap behind my ear, the home made ones just fling off lol

• Options
    @Liam I've got the disposable ones too, I actually find them easier to wear. I had a reusable one which I found really really claustrophobic and difficult to actually breathe aha! The home made ones look fun to make though but maybe not so fun to wear 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2020
    I know Sainsbury’s  have already said they won’t be challenging people who arrive without a face mask as they could be exempt and instead just gave the reminder throughout the store.

ive found any type of mask is ruining my face and even though I can be classed as exempt I guess work has prepared me for this , being stuck in the disposable ones for 7 sometimes 14 hours is not fun 🤣 But watch care homes etc now struggle to get masks now it’s compulsory for everyone to wear them in shops. we’ve already had to change brands 3 times and that’s stressful for me haha 

in other news ITS TOO EARLY UGHHHH I DONT WANT TO BE AN ADULT AND WORK 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,514 Skive's The Limit
    I like the masks. Tiktok has made me feel like my face isn’t symmetrical after doing that inverted filter. Feel like my face is ugly. So atleast I can cover half of it away from people
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,514 Skive's The Limit
    Feels like a great mask. Dont even have to pretend to look happy cause no one can see😅
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley