Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Yeah I’m okay thanks, just my landlord being a dickhead and making me feel awful
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Yalll my youth worker badge came today ! 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dandelion said:
    Yeah I’m okay thanks, just my landlord being a dickhead and making me feel awful
    Dandelion said:

Ah I'm sorry
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    💩
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Jesus Christ it’s warm again tonight
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    Yes it really is @independent_ I was watching a film outside and wasn't even cold
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Jesus Christ it’s warm again tonight
    Its crazy warm here as well @independent_!! Im sick of the heat ahaha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    @EGM it’s still 17C here and it’s nearly 1am. I’m dying. Help
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @Starlight same, I don’t mind heat during the day but at night it’s horrid I’d rather it was raining and freezing ahaha
  • Options
    @independent_ yeah same, I like to snuggle up under my covers and Id rather it be cold and I need extra layers than being boiling!!!

• Options
    @Starlight aha same, I reckon I’m sleeping very little tonight. So jealous that my partner is asleep already, how can blokes fall asleep so fast it makes 0 sense aha. It’s roasting I can’t sleep at all and also it’s way too early ;) this is when I’m most awake lol.

How has your day been today?
  • Options
    @independent_ the other night I actually got decent sleep and went to sleep at a reasonable time, though maybe i was back on track but turns out I most definitely aren't and that not great cos I have a full week of earlyish mornings aha. Me and sleep just don't get along!! 

My days been alright I guess, very overwhelming again and I've gone downhill a little this evening but apart from that its been fairly positive, I guess. Hows your day been? <3

• Options
    @Starlight aww I’m glad you got a good sleep the other night <3 I’ve been going to bed around 2.30-3, which I guess is ok for me aha, not toooo late lol. 

Aww I’m glad you’ve had a positive ish day, that’s good to hear <3 I’m sorry you’re not feeling great this evening though sending big hugs <3 

My day’s been ok I suppose, my sister had the day off work so she came round for dinner and she and my mum made a cake which was really nice :)
  • Options
    Thanks @independent_!! Really appreciate your kindness! <3 Id be lucky to be asleep by 3 its usually more like 4 or 5, which I know is really bad and im not even sure what im doing until that late! aha. i have to be ready to dance by 10 on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I have no clue how that's going to happen but ill have to make sure i make it work aha. 

So happy to hear you've had a nice day, cake always helps make things feel better!! Hope your having a nice time with your partner as well!! <3

• Options
    @Starlight no problem <3 

Aww I hope it all works out with the sleep and the dancing. I’ve got a couple of weeks off my fitness classes, I’d normally have them 3 times a week but I’ve been glad to have the rest lol ;) I hate getting up early. 

Yeah cake makes everything better aha, my sister is a chef so she’s really good at making cakes (not that she makes us cakes much aha).

And yeah it’s bee really nice spending time with my partner not through a virtual screen :joy: 
  • Options
    @independent_ Thanks <3 Yeah sometimes its nice to have a rest!! Theres no way Id survive a week without dancing though and im really looking forward to my dance intensive next week been really looking forward to it the past few weeks!!

Oooh that's lovely, you should get your sister to make you cake more often hahaha. And Im so glad you were able to see your partner sounds like such a good thing in your life and I'm super happy to know you're having a nice time <3

• Options
    @Starlight aww that will be amazing!!! I find having something to look forward to like that can be helpful (even in a really small way) to me sometimes. I hope it goes well <3 I can definitely survive 2 weeks without doing a single press-up or sit-up aha.

Aha I wish I could persuade her to make cake more often ;) I love cake so much especially chocolate cake! I’d say we’ve got more chocolate cake downstairs but there were 8 of us so it all got eaten ;) 

Awwww, that’s so sweet of you <3 yeah it’s been good to see him.
  • Options
    @independent_ I just hope I can hold it together and enjoy it all!! Im really excited but after having a few good days Ive started to feel my mental health start to slip again. Going to try and take it easy the next few days and i have Saturday as a complete rest day so that'll be good!! 

Yum Yum chocolate cake!! I had cake yesterday night, it was so yummy but felt awful after eating it hahaha. Probably still worth it, i want more now ahahah 

• Options
    @Starlight aww yeah definitely take it easy, the rest will be good for you especially before a busy week like your next week. 

Chocolate cake is soooooo gooooood!!! 

I’m now listening to music on my headphones because I can’t sleep and need some music and can’t use the speaker ahaha :joy: 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Yeah thanks @independent_ <3<3

Music is good!! I love listening to music but not at night, it stimulates my brain too much so ill never sleep aahah

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Think I'm going to actually try and sleep, don't know if I will but I'm exhausted and I hope I do. Goodnight sleep well!! <3<3

• Options
    Goodnight @Starlight <3 I hope you sleep well too.
  • Options
    6 weeks holiday here I come
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Woohoo hope you enjoy it! 💖

I'm seeing so many cute masks online but trying to refrain as I don't want to waste my money 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Yay! Enjoy @GreenTea

I now have 8 masks @Laine, I bought three cute patterned ones first then work decided we could only wear plain colours so I had to buy more 😂🙃

I’m currently tidying my entire house ready to move out tomorrow and honestly I’m so done already and I still have to tidy my bedroom and the lounge 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Make sure you get the fabric masks with 3 layers. That's what experts etc are saying
  • Options
    Thanks mine have two but you can put a filter in and I tried blowing out a candle and I can’t so I’m hoping theyre okay. 

You got anything planned for your holiday? 
  • Options
    I need to get off the sofa and tidy my room but I’m sooo tired
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I have a bandana thingy for now scared about an upgrade as I don't know if I'll be able to handle the masks but the cloth ones look so cute 😂 

Got Drs Monday and they give you one of the surgical ones so we'll see how that goes! 

Yeah I just hoovered the house I'm knackered now 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy I’ve just basically woke up 😅
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley