Home Work & Volunteering
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Help with CV

QuirkyTurtleQuirkyTurtle Posts: 1 Just got here
Hey everyone,

I want to polish up my CV (again) but no matter what I do, I feel it always looks bad and/or sounds bad. I even thought about paying someone to write it for me but I don't really have any money. 

Anyone got any tips or good drafts for me to see?

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,276 Part of The Furniture
    Are you applying for a specific job @QuirkyTurtle or are you just generally polishing it?

Welcome to the Community, by the way. :) 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    I usually look up CV templates and make it my own a bit. Also look at examples of how they write certain things, you have also detailed guides for that. I don't have a particular example
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @QuirkyTurtle do you have access to any careers advice or things like that, I often find resources like that useful. With CVs the best advice I can give is to remember to relate it to the job you’re applying for, so for example if your applying for a job in retail try to think of skills you have that could relate to working in retail. I hope you manage to write it okay x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    I always find CVs really hard to write, don’t worry if it takes you a while to get it right. Are you applying for anything particular or is it just a general CV?

You can google CV examples for general CVs or ones for specific jobs. I always like to do that for a bit of inspiration. Here’s a link to a guide on writing a CV: https://www.reed.co.uk/career-advice/how-to-write-a-cv/

If you are at uni or another establishment they have careers advisors who are happy to check over CVs. Although if you have any questions we can try our best to answer them. 

Welcome to The Mix!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.