Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am I going mad? - The Mix

2»

Comments

• Options
    diamondthestupiddiamondthestupid Posts: 1 Just got here
    i feel like im becoming insane i keep laughing to myself and i keep hearing voices that are telling me to do very bad stuff to myself or others i cant get near my uncle without thinking to do something bad to him
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 590 Incredible Poster
    Hey @diamondthestupid,

I just wanted to reach out to say that it is so brave of you to share your experiences with us. It’s easy to think that when we experience concerning symptoms that we are ‘insane’, but having experienced symptoms or even having a diagnosable mental health condition does not mean that you are insane.

Hearing voices can definitely be scary. However, these things are also more common than you think and they don’t necessarily mean that you are losing your mind!

We can’t diagnose you over the internet (and we aren’t professionals anyway) but from what you've shared, these voices sound really scary and it sounds like it has been difficult for you to fight back against what the voices are telling you.

You mention that you can't really get near your uncle without thinking to do something bad to him. Is there anything that has happened in your life recently that might have triggered these thoughts about your uncle? Sometimes when we experience stress, we may struggle with our mental health. Other times there might not necessarily be a cause.

Is there anything that helps you take the power back from/say no to the voices? I also wondered if you had any safety strategies or blocking strategies that could help?

I hear there's a part of you that's worried it will get worse, and so I sense that getting better is something you want to hold on to and that's important. Some organisations & resources that might be useful include:
    The Voice Collective | call 020 7911 0822 or email info@voicecollective.co.uk. They have an online peer support forum, where you can connect in with others who are experiencing something similar to you and they also have tools on their website where you can select what difficult emotion you're experiencing currently, and it gives you relevant coping mechanisms.

Hearing Voices Network | call 0114 271 8210 or e-mail them on nhvn@hotmail.co.uk 

Our article on hearing voices on our website

Our article on how to get support if you're hearing voices

Hopefully these might make you feel less alone. We really appreciate your trust in sharing your experiences with us :).

If you are in the UK, and under 25, you may want to continue reaching out to us for support on our forums https://community.themix.org.uk/ or talk to our team directly https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team for one-to-one support.

Take care <3.