Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Christmas Quiz (Tuesday 07/01, 7-8pm)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited January 2020 in Community Announcements
the hunger games roadshow GIF

Evening everyone!

If you haven't read the group chat break thread yet, give that a look. As mentioned there, we'll be having our Christmas quiz on Tuesday 7th of January, from 7-8pm.

For anyone unfamiliar with community quizzes, they take place in group chat and have three rounds of 10 questions. One point is awarded for each question, and the first person to answer correctly gets the point. There are 30 up for grabs in total.

The rounds will be:
  1. Christmas trivia
  2. The Mix trivia
  3. General knowledge

In the usual way, we're looking for people to write these rounds for us. This means writing those 10 questions with answers and sending the list over to us to check a few days before the quiz. Ideally, it also means being there for the quiz to host your round (ask the questions and award the point for each one).

The winners of each round will get a prize, and there will also be a prize for the overall winner. Depending on what we have to give away, there may also be something for runners up. Hosts will get some goodies for helping out. :3

If you're interested in getting involved, comment below with what round you'd like to write and whether you're also available to host it. If you want to write a round, we'll ask you to send your questions over by New Year.

Thanks everyone!

Mike & the team :star:      

struggle studying GIF
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited December 2019
     Can I run the general knowledge round please?
    (Write and host)
  • Options
    louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Can I write and host the Christmas trivia please 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Can I do the mix trivia? 😊 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Ah shit i didnt see this thread. First time i actually want to join in the quiz but im way to late lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2019
    No worries @Shaunie! There's always the Easter quiz. :tongue:

So, I can confirm we'll have:

Round 1 - Christmas Trivia | written and hosted by @louisa982   
    Round 2 - The Mix Trivia | written and hosted by @Kasa2103
    Round 3 - General Knowledge | written and hosted by @GreenTea

Thank you all for volunteering yourselves as writers and hosts! Send us your questions and answers by the 1st so we can take a look at them before the quiz on the 7th. We'll also go through a few ground rules for the quiz and top tips for hosting via PM. :)

Post edited by JustV on
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    I thought you reserved one of the rounds for me @Mike Do you remember that I sent a pm a month ago and you promised to reserve it for me. I believe it was The Mix trivia.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    I thought you reserved one of the rounds for me @Mike Do you remember that I sent a pm a month ago and you promised to reserve it for me. I believe it was The Mix trivia.
    Aah! I did - you're completely right @Kasa2103. Really sorry that it slipped my mind! You are down to do The Mix Trivia and I'll edit my earlier post to correct that. :)

@BubblesGoesBoo, apologies to u-turn but we'll be giving The Mix Trivia round to Kasa. I totally forgot she'd called dibs on that a short while back. How would you feel about being a general host?

Usually the moderator does this but, if you're up for it, it would be awesome to have you there to introduce each host and keep count of the scores, then announce any winners. A moderator will still be there, but we can hand these duties over to you if you like.

If you're keen, let us know and we can PM you with some tips. :)
  • Options
    Not really in the mood for this anymore so if anyone wants to take my slot in the hosting and creating the questions, it's up for grabs.

Sorry Mike. 
  • Options
    @The Mix I sent my questions over. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    DiamondDiamond Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    How do I join in with this?
  • Options
    Diamond said:
    Do you want to write and host a round or do you just want to join in with the quiz?
  • Options
    Diamond said:
    would be on the 7th from 7 to 8:30 pm
    With this link https://client.chatwee.com/v2/popout/599c194bbd616d8b43891808

or can ask to host a round but think they may all be gone
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DiamondDiamond Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    Kasa2103 said:
    Diamond said:
    Do you want to write and host a round or do you just want to join in with the quiz?
    I would like to join in with the quiz
  • Options
    @GreenTea said:
    Not really in the mood for this anymore so if anyone wants to take my slot in the hosting and creating the questions, it's up for grabs.

Sorry Mike. 
    Aah okay, thanks GreenTea.

This round is up for grabs again if anyone would like to do it. @BubblesGoesBoo you're first in the queue for hosting a round if you'd like General Knowledge. :)
  • Options
    Mike said:
    @GreenTea said:

Sorry Mike. 

This round is up for grabs again if anyone would like to do it. @BubblesGoesBoo you're first in the queue for hosting a round if you'd like General Knowledge. :)

YOU SCARED ME WITH THAT PM!!
    I shall ping, email, PM and do it multiple times in future
  • Options
    @Mike i can try write the questions for tonight but need to see if I'm working next Tuesday, our rota ain't done yet 🤷‍♀️ should know by tomorrow 😊
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @Mike i can try write the questions for tonight but need to see if I'm working next Tuesday, our rota ain't done yet 🤷‍♀️ should know by tomorrow 😊

No problem Bubbles - no pressure to attend if you can't make it. Keep us posted. :) Equally if you'd rather hand the round over to someone else that's totally fine too!

GreenTea said:
    Mike said:
    @GreenTea said:

Sorry Mike. 

YOU SCARED ME WITH THAT PM!!
    I shall ping, email, PM and do it multiple times in future

Ha! No worries @GreenTea - you did the right thing to post here given staff haven't really been around. Meant that someone else who was interested could potentially pick it up while we were away. :)
  • Options
    I did wonder if it was seen tbh 😬 hope someone picks it up, sorry I'm not able to do it. Just not in the head space and very short fused at the moment. So making the right decision not to go into chat when short fused :)
  • Options
    Quiz happening on Tuesday! 2 days, 1 hour and 54 minutes to go.
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Quiz happening on Tuesday! 2 days, 1 hour and 54 minutes to go.
    Quiz happening tonight! Should be a great one. :)
  • Options
    Shit, this is tonight 🙈
  • Options
    Yep it is tonight 
  • Options
    Okay bare with me guys I'll be on my phone 😂😂
  • Options
    Finished the quiz. It went really well and was so fun. I have a list of the winners and hosts for @The Mix to see and for anyone who is curious about who won. I am not lying when I say that I won a round.

Round 1 (Christmas Trivia:) @Millie2787
    Round 2 (The Mix Trivia:) @Millie2787
    Round 3 (General Knowledge:) @Kasa2103
    Overall: @Millie2787
    Christmas Trivia Host: @louisa982
    The Mix Trivia Host: @Kasa2103
    General Knowledge Host: @BubblesGoesBoo

Well done to everyone who joined in with quiz. 
    Ps: @louisa982 It is okay that you accidentally missed most of your round. Thank you @Stephanie for stepping in and for modding and keeping score. Well done for turning up and not giving up @louisa982
  • Options
    *celebrates by dancing to YMCA*
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 said:
    Finished the quiz. It went really well and was so fun. I have a list of the winners and hosts for @The Mix to see and for anyone who is curious about who won. I am not lying when I say that I won a round.

Round 1 (Christmas Trivia:) @Millie2787
    Round 2 (The Mix Trivia:) @Millie2787
    Round 3 (General Knowledge:) @Kasa2103
    Overall: @Millie2787
    Christmas Trivia Host: @louisa982
    The Mix Trivia Host: @Kasa2103
    General Knowledge Host: @BubblesGoesBoo

Well done to everyone who joined in with quiz. 
    Ps: @louisa982 It is okay that you accidentally missed most of your round. Thank you @Stephanie for stepping in and for modding and keeping score. Well done for turning up and not giving up @louisa982
    Got there before me! Thanks Kasa. :)

Thanks to everyone who attended last night and made it another great quiz, and well done to those winners! Props to our round writers, hosts, and to @Stephanie for moderating.

We'll be in touch with the winners and round writers via PM about prizes. :)
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    @Mike I feel like there needs to be a badge made that says “Queen of the quiz”  :p 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Mike I feel like there needs to be a badge made that says “Queen of the quiz”  :p 
    LOL that would be awesome.  Or what about a brain for general knowledge, something to do with The Mix for trivia and something to do with the theme of the other quiz? And a crown for the overall winner. Of course these are badges and not prizes.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Dont suppose next year youll consider adding or doing a quiz of the year?
  • Options
    @Kasa2103 said:
    LOL that would be awesome.  Or what about a brain for general knowledge, something to do with The Mix for trivia and something to do with the theme of the other quiz? And a crown for the overall winner. Of course these are badges and not prizes.

We actually really liked this idea, and made two new badges yesterday - Quiz Winner and Quiz Host. These were given to you guys as well as anyone else who earned them this year. For anyone who earned them further back than that, you can request the badges. :) We'll have a think about how we can flesh this out a bit more (e.g. an overall winner/reining champion type badge).

@Shaunie said:
    Dont suppose next year youll consider adding or doing a quiz of the year?

Hmmm... interesting idea Shaunie. A bit like BFQOTY? How are you imagining it? :)