Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Beat's Group Chat

SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
edited October 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
It is a load of fucking shit 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
they banned me and never told me why. 

Now ive got my account back but im banned again because i asked "how much for 1 kg of attention" "please someone actknowledge me" and then someone told me this place is for eating disorders. I said "i have an eating but thank you". This also wasnt allowed to be sent so I then got banned again. Doubt ill ever be allowed back. I like it better when i was banned. This is too distressing. 
Its not like the chats here - your message gets checked by them before its sent. They do not allowed me to ask some of the simplest of stuff. The amount of times basic things like "brb" wouldnt be allowed to be sent through is shocking. 

Please someone seriously tell me the phone number i can ring to complain. The email i used - she bloodly useless and says the same shit of giving me their rules. No point fucking giving me the rules when it doesnt mean anything cause you delete random shit

Maybe ive watched too many films recently. But im seriously concerned about this support site and their intentions to exclude people out. Im being serious they actually would not let me send things like "brb" , "im okay but thank you" 

I think there is something going on here and if anyone can help me investigate that would be great

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by PoppyB on

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The person who does emails also deals with phone calls. Sorry. 
    I personally think it's a very good site and are keen on supporting users. The focus on supporting those with eating disorders and do a good job of it. Sometimes it gets really busy and messages are missed by mods and/or users which is nobody's fault. 
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience 
  • Options
    I mean did send one of the mods "SORT YOU SHIT OUT, you delete random shit"
    ....right before i got banned 😂maybe that did it. Hahah

idk how anyone can find that helpful. They clearly must have faviouates. 

They delete random shit and no ones fuckin listening to me. Why do they do it 😭😭😭😭😭
    they are in it aswell. Why cant jusy leave me alon
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Say anything about eating disorders it too triggering. Say something about your day and its too off the topic of EDs. You literally can not win. How other people have convos on there i don’t know because i stay within the rules buts it never enough. I speficaly ask them everu simgle fucking time "so what rule did that go against"
    never a fucking answrr. Why do they fucking not listen to their users
  • Options
    If it's not related to the topic of conversation currently happening, they don't put it through. That's what I was told and tbh I agree because to many conversations can be difficult to follow when it gets so busy.
    Some of the mods are new and they have said several times they were going to tighten up on topic of conversation and rules after someone made a complaint previously
  • Options
    Ive never been told anything like that
  • Options
    There service needs to be taken down. Idc who it helps their seriously not organised and never listen. And impact on tjat is worse
  • Options
    They say it at the start of chat. 
    I see the problem now. You mentioned 1kg. That's a weight, that goes against their rules, you can't say anything weight related, regardless of the context, It's posted in their guidelines
  • Options
    Oooh shit didnt realise that. Omg it wasnt even food person weight wise. Its pathetic at how sensitive they are

like cant mention any food names. 
    Oh so what. We all fucking live in the rea world. Do you seriously think we are that fucking sensitive
  • Options
    All the mods are robots and have no feelings i swear. Honestly they do not give a shitttt. Make a mistake thats it. Idc i can imagin them wanting me to die just so i never speak with them again
  • Options
    Theyre sooo shit omggg
  • Options
    They aren't sensitive. They have the measures in place to protect people from being triggered. Mention of weight in any context can easily trigger someone. They do what they do to keep the community safe as possible. I personally think it's a good idea. Safeguarding a vunerable community, keeping them safe as possible
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    We live in the real world , where food is everything. They think we cant hear a food word ? Like wow. All thats done is always make me think"does my family think they cant say food names because im soo sensitive with this ED". Do not live under rocks

im glad they have banned me again. I hope i never get unbanned. It would be better for me. Total SHITTTT. Its like woth elefriends was upset when they banned me but got over it and glad i dont use them anymore. Ill get over it. But with this service i seriously think there is something going on with their intentions.

I Swear something sinister/ trying to be evil going on. 
  • Options
    No shaunie. The mods are just following the rules like they are told to by higher up, just like the mods on the mix do, although as the mix is more of general support and beat is focused, they have more focused rules and guidelines where as the mix is more relaxed as in theory support can be for anything here. 
    I can understand you are upset and angry, but the mods are just doing what they signed up to do. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Try being on my account. I literally cant even say im sad most of the times. They never even explained to me why i was banned. Im being serious. I dont want to go back on to their but i want to investigate what their intentions are. Can you help lol?
  • Options
    I'm not going to investigate anything. They don't have bad intentions. They do what they think is bested per user. They should of emailed you about why you were banned, or at least will do at some point. All I can suggest is what I suggested last time, reply to the email for more information.
    But be calm about it as getting angry at them might limit the response
  • Options
    I asked and i asked, What did i do for a ban..... All they ever did was send me the rules. Ive stayed within the fucking rules. 
    Sinister going on i swear. They want me to feel this bad so i can finially kill myse
  • Options
    Maybe you said a few things that broke the rules without realising? I don't know..
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    No. Ive been checking what they delete its random stuff that ive been allowed to say at one point by a different mod. Why pick and choose. 

I havent been allowed to say that food goes to my heart cause ive said it once so i cant speak about again. & never allowed to say when i find it hard to breath.  So unless they mean i need a new problem everu single fucking time. Theyre a joke. 

Maybe they like you. But honestly on my account completly different thing
  • Options
    They have rules about talking about suicide though and you spoke about that tonight? I don't know shaunie. Something has gone wrong somewhere. They don't randomly ban people. It isn't allowed.

Please do reach out to Sam's, papyrus, the mix crisisline etc if you need to
  • Options
    All i asked was "has anyone been to maytree" i enever said "im going to kill myself now" most people who use that plce is suicidal, it can stem from ED thoughts. It doesnt mean i need crisis support. It means i want to speak aboit my mental health and how i feel. 

They also said if i go against rules one more time it will be permant hahaha. Wow. Ive hardly started using the site and barely comminicated with me on what ive ever done wrong. Wheres fuxking compassion. 
  • Options
    Most people might be suicidal but they don't express it on there very much at all as it's against one of the guidelines. They focus on eating disorder support, not general mental health
  • Options
    Thats not true. Ive seen many times where peopoe have said they want to die. Or speak about how their day went or work went..... not related to ED at all. 

I wish i never found their shit service

like compare it to  @The Mix  they actually delete things that go against the rules. And if you do go against the rules theyre spefcific about theses things. & communicate what you did not jusy sent you the rules.  And wouldnt go from one week ban to permant ban just cause i accidenlty asked for 1 kg of attention. Unless the mix are too compassion or what. But no beat are shit. Im not paraniod tho theyre on to me and want me to feel bad

I do know how pathetic i sound rn tho. But theres something about being banned... espically when feel out of order.... so upsetting 
  • Options
    Beat aren't shit. They have really helped me and supported me greatly recently, mods and users and I couldn't fault them. They so tell you why things get deleted if you ask, we all get stuff deleted all the time, I've spoken to several users who have all had things deleted, even users you'd never expect. It happens but it doesn't make them a bad service. 
    If it wasn't for beat, I'd still be suffering with relapse in silence. 
  • Options
    So if other people had things deleted. Why dont they get banned too? No sense. I havent been using for long

and cant go from 1 week ban to pernamant thats just horrible
  • Options
    I don't know shaunie. Ask them, not me. All im trying to do is be helpful but there's a limit to what I can say and what I know etc. Sorry.
  • Options
    Im just venting. No one needs to reply but thanks
  • Options
    @The Mix
    please dont ever permantly ban me.😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Its not like i even have chioces to use other places
    i like it here & my main support  & only place that doesnt make me feel worse or clearly try to exclude me & you actually listen to people
  • Options
    PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hi @Shaunie how are you feeling now? <3 

I'm so sorry to hear you got banned from Beat - it's completely understandable that you feel upset and frustrated. How would you feel about responding to the lady that you mentioned in your first post and ask her which rule in particular you broke and how to avoid doing so again in future? 

As @GreenTea said, the rules are in place on Beat forums to keep people safe, and while it may be interpreted as overly sensitive, it is there to make sure all the members feel comfortable - eating disorders come in so many different forms that there can be such a range of triggers and Beat simply wants to be able to provide specialist support to everyone.

I'd like to remind everyone that people on this site will have different experiences (both positive and negative) of support websites. Whilst some members may not find them helpful and that is perfectly valid for them to vent their , their reviews will not be completely representative of the site as a whole and we definitely do not want to turn members away from potential sources of support and advice that may be of use to them - because of this I've slightly edited the title of this thread. 
  • Options
    You should change the title back. People shouldnt risk getting treated like this. Its horrible to say you cant speak about certain things when there is clearly nothing wrong with it. Theyre horrible. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I dont want to speak about it anymore. No one listens or believes me.  Fucking close i
    but thanks anyway
    Post edited by Siena on