Home Anything Goes
Fill out The Mix's Annual User Survey for a chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!
Need support urgently? Click here

What Are You Reading Right Now?

Kasa2103Kasa2103 This Is Me! ❤👅👌🤓💃🎤South EastPosts: 3,754 Community Veteran
I believe it is very important for everyone to read a book for at least 30 minutes a day especially if you are coming up to exams. I have seen a quote in my English classroom that says "reading seriously damages your ignorance." I also have intervention work that is to read a book called The Outsiders and fill in various information boxes on a worksheet and to do some vocabulary work.

I was wondering what books everyone has been reading recently. I have read quite a lot of books but here are 4 of my favourite:

A Wartime Friend by Lizzie Lane (just got out of the library today.)

Now The War Is Over by Annie Murray

Double Down by Jeff Kinney

The Naughtiest Girl Is A Monitor by Enid Blyton 
Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.

Comments

• PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 219 Moderator
    @Kasa2103 great thread!

I've been struggling to find the time to read recently, but I always loved His Dark Materials when I was growing up and I want to re-read it now they are turning it into a tv show on BBC :)
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,154 Boards Champion
    Ah I clicked mistaking this for another similar thread but might as well post anyway! :) 

Absolutely agree we should all try to read more.

'The Big Show' by Pierre Clostermann, who was a Free-French fighter pilot in the RAF during the 2nd World War.

Reading because history and aviation have always interested me, and while history documentaries might give you a little context it's the human stories that show you how things really were.

Next up I'll start 'The First and the Last' by Adolf Galland who was a fighter pilot in the Luftwaffe during the Spanish Civil War and the 2nd World War- I always like to get different persepectives of the same subjects, it's very interesting.

The only time I've found for myself for reading is just before bed and it's been so much easier with my kindle than it ever was with a book and a torch :lol:

"Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>